BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    There's a thread about that below.

And I wouldn't call a 1.7% drop in constant currency terms significant by any stretch of the imagination.
    I'm still doing the math. Let's just say I don't trust their spin on that. However, a drop of nearly 2% after massive cutbacks, layoffs, and introducing a major new product line is very telling in and of itself. What it says is that End Times is an utter flop if it can't even hold sales steady or generate the slightest bump.

1.7% drop in takings - not profit. Profit cut is higher naturally, because that's the way it works.

As for End Times? Clearly not a flop. Stuff flies off the shelves, and I'm yet to hear anything except positive reactions to it (well, barring some controversial character deaths).

As for their 'spin' - come on dude - you know that PLCs here in the UK have their books independently verified. It's a legal requirement. Please drop the utterly unsubstantiated 'they didn't do as badly as some claimed, so they must be lying' shtick......in the words of the (sadly not literally) immortal Graham Chapman....

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    The models remain one of the things that really puts me off Warmahordes. I really don't like Steampunk, and the Hordes models are pretty meh in my book. I can appreciate the rules set though - but it's just not enough to engage me in the game.
    That is a matter of taste. I'm rather fond of the pirate cryx myself. I freely admit that GW's models are a step above Privateer... but Privateer has a rule set that is more fun to me.

That's my conondrum. I enjoy painting my 40K stuff and showing it off but fielding the army can be frustrating. My cryx are more fun to play but they are frustrating to assemble/paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    That is a matter of taste. I'm rather fond of the pirate cryx myself. I freely admit that GW's models are a step above Privateer... but Privateer has a rule set that is more fun to me.

That's my conondrum. I enjoy painting my 40K stuff and showing it off but fielding the army can be frustrating. My cryx are more fun to play but they are frustrating to assemble/paint.
    Funds allowing, I think any gamer would happily play multiple games.

I'm in a fortunate position in terms of hobby funds. With no significant other or dependents, once all my bills are paid in the month, I can wazz my money up the wall as I wish.

But for most, I guess it's a toss up over what you enjoy the most. For some, it's the game. For me, it's building the kits (I find it relaxing) others painting, others still various mixes of the different hobby elements.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829