BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Bioware gets 40k Franchise

In addition to dropping news about Mass Effect 4 on us, seems Bioware was able to get rights to make 40k material.

[url]http://www.examiner.com/article/mass-effect-4-developer-purchases-new-video-game-franchise[/url]
    The purchase of the “Warhammer 40,000” will give Bioware another science-fiction setting to work on along with the “Mass Effect” series. The Montreal branch of the company is currently working on “Mass Effect 4.” The sequel will be using the same Frostbite 3 game engine from “Battlefield 4” and “Dragon Age 3: Inquisition.” Its official release dates and platforms have not yet been announced by Electronic Arts for “Mass Effect 4.”
    Another space marine game? By Bioware? Sign me the hell up right now!
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

How about another Inquisition game from Bioware?

That would be acebawlls
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

lol, 'the purchase of the warhammer 40,000'

sounds cool though
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Woohoo!

Chapter-Master

I'm not a big computer gamer, but... color me intrigued. I've had friends tell me how awesome Mass Effect is. I could see myself getting into a similar game themed after a setting I'm already fond of.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

So a little pie on my face - this is a story ... from May 2013.

I was reading all about the ME4 stuff and managed to find this link and welp... didn't do my homework. There goes my career in miniatures video game pundit journalism.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

still interesting news, and just because its a year and a half old doesn't mean that Bioware isnt working on something for 40k
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

It's not like it doesn't take a while to make video games or anything...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

bollocks I'm going to end up actually having to use my origin account aren't I?

I'd have much rather it'd gone to the fallout team for an inquisition game.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

"I went from incredible excitement to simmering disappointment, in only six posts!"

-CoffeeGrunt, on the BoLS experience.

I'm hoping this is still being worked on, because sweet Jesus this would be a perfect confluence of two beautiful things I very much love, and I will stop hating GW in the pit of my soul for turning the 40K video game sector into a series of terrible iOS 'games.'
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast