BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default All Hail the Pocket Star Destroyer (FFG announces Imperial EPIC ship)

[url]http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5274[/url]

Looks like its 4 0 8 6 for the Fore section and 6 0 8 4 for the Aft section, but a 160° (?) arc instead of a turret primary.

New cards for the TIE Adv.:

first of what appear to be 4 new pilots

(looks like 4 of each)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWX30-product-shot-tall.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	421.7 KB 
ID:	12054  
    Last edited by 0rph3u5; 12-19-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Chapter-Master

Yippee! I was hoping they would release an Imperial ship for Epic play!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

wow that looks very nice.

Ladies. Gentleman.

Start. Your. Flailing.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Let's get ready to FLAAAAIIIIILLLLLLLL...
    holy moly nice one! And even some love for the much maligned TIE/Adv...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    Let's get ready to FLAAAAIIIIILLLLLLLL...
    holy moly nice one! And even some love for the much maligned TIE/Adv...
    Maybe this will improve the Tie Advanced like Rebel Aces did the A-Wing.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Maybe this will improve the Tie Advanced like Rebel Aces did the A-Wing.
    Not just maybe; Accuracy Corrector for free or at 1 points getting an additional crit result will fix the rather underwhelming damage output that plagued the Advanced so far - Maarek Steele will become down right nasty now at 28 points
    Last edited by 0rph3u5; 12-19-2014 at 12:19 PM.

*high pitched squealing*
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

To borrow my own words from the Disqus thread:

I did not expect them to make up a ship instead of shrinking the Lancer.

I'd also call this a missed opportunity to do a TIE Advanced with an alternate shape (ie the TIE Avenger) rather than an alternate paintjob...
    I'll still be getting one. I'm undecided as to whether or not I like the Raider itself,* but I need those TIE Advanced cards more than I need hot water and electricity. I will definitely be putting together a Maarek Stele list. By which I mean I will have Maarek Stele off by himself and a flight of TIE Interceptors so he has somebody to show off to. Because that is how Maarek Stele do.

*I have a pathological reaction to ships and vehicles made up to fill an arbitrary niche (like pretty much anything original to Galactic Battlegrounds), or that are made up to fill a niche that was already filled up by something someone else made up (the TIE Hunter wasn't something that needed to exist when the TIE Avenger already did), or that are both at the same time (the Decimator's raison d'ętre is so that Imperial players of Jump To Lightspeed could have a Falcon equivalent. You know what the Imperial equivalent of the YT-1300 is? THE FREAKING YT-1300!). Some things just make sense to have. "Protect AT-ATs from any more clever people with harpoons and tow cables" is a valid reason to develop the AT-AA. "The ability to strike anywhere without warning" is perfectly in line with the Tarkin Doctrine and so developing the Phantom TIE is something the Empire would do with great enthusiasm. But the Raider exists because FFG wants Imperial players to be able to play with a Huge ship. It's metagamey.

Yeah that kind of annoys me too (especially teh bloody TIE Hunter) but I do get FFGs need to keep each side clearly separate (so no Imperial YT-1300s & new ships instead) and most importantly it's super pretty.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast