BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default You have $400 to spend on 40k- what do you buy?

If you had a windfall of $400 (US) to spend on 40k/Forgeworld models, what would you buy?

I've got a solid 1,000 points of pre-Heresy Space Marines that I would like to fill out - perhaps with some Javelins or a lot more troops; or I could put a serious dent in the price of a Thunderhawk.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

A few options:

• There are a couple of things I want for my Blood Angels that I've got to wait until next month for that I might jump on: a tac squad, a second storm raven, a vanguard veteran box or two. That's less than $400, but could be fun.
    • I might go in for a big Forgeworld order. I've been wanting, for example, a second vindicator, but I thought it might be cool to have a Deimos-pattern vindicator rather than a modern one. Relatedly...
    • Maybe - just maybe - I'd start Mechanicus. It would be really cool.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Banned

It would be tempting to start Necrons for me. Either that or a Legion, Fists or Night Lords (I kind of want that Haunter).

Definitely would have the next Cities of Death board up to the one I'm currently trying to afford.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Daemon-Prince

More Nids! Need me..

-2 Hive Tyrants
    -1 Exocrine
    -10 Gargoyles
    -More Gaunts!!!!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

I think there's a good chance I've got $400 worth of incomplete stuff sitting in the Closet of Shame, so I'm not adding to the pile.

But if I were to win a $400 GW gift certificate with a "use it or lose it" clause, I guess I'd get the 7E rulebook and Codices I've not bothered with. That'd be $200 of it. The rest toward a FW Superheavy for my Eldar.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

I'd probably pick up a dozen reaver jetbikes, 4 boxes of scourges (because why shouldn't I have to get 4x what I need for one bit per box), my fourth wave serpent, and maybe some hornets, or an imperial knight.

I'd go for that cool Forge World project or army that you've always wanted, but could never justify starting because of the expense.

For me that would be a gargantuan Tyranid or two, or enough DKoK Grenadiers to field them as a Scions army.

Veteran-Sergeant

Start getting a HH Night Lords army. At least get Konrad Curze and Sevetar when he comes out.

Veteran-Sergeant

2 sicarans, one for my blood angels and one for my black legion. Or 2 spartans, same as above. Ora whole mess of hellblades and a fire raptor

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast