BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think I would buy a few bundles of 30k iron armor marines, the 30 man bundle and the death guard upgrades. Then some death shroud terminators

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Typhon siege tank. Single best 420 points of SH available to chaos or marines.
    I dunno. The Spartan Assault Vehicle is pretty cool, too. It's a great combination of awesome vehicle and delivery system for the real strength of a Space Marine army - those power armored boots on the table!

It's hard being a Space Marine treadhead. I am beginning to acknowledge that that's what I am. Maybe the Blood Angels codex was a weird choice for me...
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Probably Elysians, or heresy marines, or maybe a super heavy.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I'd save the money in a high yield mutual fund with the rest of my free-cash-flow currency and then buy $400 worth of GW stuff off of the interest generated.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

First-Captain

More Solar Auxillia for me i think, really digging the look of the ones I have.

Battle-Brother

I've got four armies - well, in my family there are currently four armies. I play Standard Space Marines, my oldest son (14) plays Tyranids, my second son (12) plays Orks, my third son (10) plays Tau, and my fourth son desperately wants to play Imperial Guar... I mean, Astra Militarum, starting tomorrow, but he's only 5, so he doesn't get to play yet (sad face). I also have about 15 Space Wolves that I picked up from somewhere for a friend of son #3, just in case he wants to play too.

If we had an extra $400 to spend I would buy:
    Wrath of the Hive Mind for Son #1 ($165)
    Morkanaut/Gorkanaut for Son #2 ($105)
    Riptide Battlesuit for Son #3 ($85)
    and I dunno, A drop pod or Devastator squad for me ($37 or $35)

For a grand total of $392 or $390.

So, what do I win?

6 XV 8
    Tau Commander
    Tau Barricuda
    Kroot Squad

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    I think there's a good chance I've got $400 worth of incomplete stuff sitting in the Closet of Shame, so I'm not adding to the pile.
    I think I'm closer to $4000 or more in incomplete stuff. That's the models that aren't assembled. It might even be higher. If you include older GW games (BFG, MOW, Mordheim, Necromunda, Warmaster, Epic), it goes a good bit higher.

(In my defense, my dad collected a lot of armies, and when he passed away two years ago, I inherited all the models that weren't destroyed in a fire.)

- - - Updated - - -

Friends are wanting me to get into 30K, so probably a chunk of the forces I'd need for that.

That is, the models that are available. (I'm going Iron Warriors, but I don't see any Cataphractii Terminators with cyclone missile launchers, much less a whole squad of them.)

With $400 I rather buy used models on ebay, and get twice as much models to play with. A NIB for three models like bikes is like $40-50!!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I think I'm closer to $4000 or more in incomplete stuff. That's the models that aren't assembled. It might even be higher. If you include older GW games (BFG, MOW, Mordheim, Necromunda, Warmaster, Epic), it goes a good bit higher.

(In my defense, my dad collected a lot of armies, and when he passed away two years ago, I inherited all the models that weren't destroyed in a fire.)

- - - Updated - - -

Friends are wanting me to get into 30K, so probably a chunk of the forces I'd need for that.

That is, the models that are available. (I'm going Iron Warriors, but I don't see any Cataphractii Terminators with cyclone missile launchers, much less a whole squad of them.)
    Sorry to hear about your dad mate. Still miss mine; we used to play DnD together pretty much every evening. Great times.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast