BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Rules for Venomthropes

So, my oldest son plays Tyranids and wants to get a venomthrope (or more than one). However, we have Codex: Tyranids and they aren't listed in there at all. Where do we find the official rules for the Venomthropes and can we download the files or do we have to pay for an e-book from GW?

Librarian

They are in the new Tyranid codex under Elites just after the Zoanthropes. I have the eBook version so no page numbers.

Though no Venomthropes, the new Tyranid kits have free rules downloads straight from GW here:
    [url]http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/free-to-download.html[/url]

They certainly should be. The Venomthrope is on pg 47 of the codex, and in the elites section (at the bottom of the page).

on the off chance that you meant the Malanthrope (basically a bigger venomthrop) is a forgeworld model, I believe that most recent for that is in Imperial Armour volume 4 (second edition) in case that was what you where looking for.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Reldane View Post
    They certainly should be. The Venomthrope is on pg 47 of the codex, and in the elites section (at the bottom of the page).

on the off chance that you meant the Malanthrope (basically a bigger venomthrop) is a forgeworld model, I believe that most recent for that is in Imperial Armour volume 4 (second edition) in case that was what you where looking for.
    Ah, could be. Good catch.
    Malanthrope is indeed in IA vol 4 2nd edition and is an HQ choice.
    [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tyranids/TYRANID-MALANTHROPE.html[/url]