BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Furious Charge, 7th Ed Blood Angels

Hello all,

Not sure where it was mentioned....maybe during the article on the review of the BA HQ choices on the FrontCover Articles, but there was a statement or mention of the Furious Charge rule for the new BA codex. In the new codex most/all BA units come with furious charge, which is +1 str. You only get the +1 Initiative if you take the BA Faction (Red Thirst gives +1 Initiative). Or am I reading this wrong?

I mention this, as somewhere in the frontage thread it mentioned that the BA codex furious charge is +1 str and initiative......I do not believe this to be the case....or, am I getting this wrong......

First-Captain

Thats right, its not an inherent change to thier Furious Charge but a benefit they gain when using their Detachment.

First-Captain

Furious charge is the +1 strength h most units come with.

+1 initiative is only if you follow the Baal strike force chart in the codex. 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 2 troops.

We tried it out on Sunday vs dark angels and it was a game changer.

Back in 5th ed Furious Charge did also confer an initiative bonus; the poster might have been unaware it changed in 6th and 7th.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    Back in 5th ed Furious Charge did also confer an initiative bonus; the poster might have been unaware it changed in 6th and 7th.
    Yes Archon, been playing since 1991, second ed. I have been waiting through 6th ed and 7th ed for my BAs to get +1 initiative again. Finally it is here. I foresee 99% of BA players taking 1 HQ, 2 Troops and at least one Elite........

- - - Updated - - -

The question now is does the detachment only get the +1 initiative only, or does the entire army get the +1 initiative bonus because the Faction conditions have been met?

Chaplain

Only the detachment. From the Baal Strike Force rules (emphasis added): "In a turn in which a model from this Formation charges into combat, the model adds 1 to its Initiative characteristic until the end of the Assault phase."

Chaplain

Correct it would only apply to units in the Baal detachment that have an initiative value and would not work for disordered charges. No the entire army does not benefit from bonuses to a detachment.

That said there are also formations that give Red Thirst as well so there are other ways of getting the ability besides the Blood Angels codex detachment.

Battle Company
    Blooded Demi-Company(basically half a battle company)
    Flesh Tearers Vanguard Strike Force
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 12-23-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Captain Bubonicus, I can't seem to find the Baal Strike Force rules in the codex. I can only find the Blood Angels Company. Where should I be looking?

***Never mind. I found it.*****
    Last edited by Iceman; 12-23-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Found my answer