BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Blood Angels codex (as allies) against the Eldar, first impressions

Hi,

Lost Vyper here, giving you the first impressions of the new BA -codex, from the opponents view...

Ok, got to play two games today with this list (Iyanden) against GK/Blood Angels/Inquisition 2500p...

CAD 1

HQ
    Asurmen (got the three WLT´s today! All crap! He was rollin with the DA´s )
    Farseer (Shard)
    joined by the bikes

TROOP
    6 x Jetbikes (2 x Cannon)
    9 x DA´s + Exarch (PM+SS)
    Wave Serpent (tlBL,Holo)

FAST
    Crimson Hunter (Exarch)

HEAVY
    Wraithlord (2 x Flamer, 2 x BL, GC)

CAD 2

HQ
    Baharroth
    Spiritseer
    joined by the WG

TROOP
    5 x WG (D-Scythes)
    Wave Serpent (tlBL,Holo)
    5 x Rangers

FAST
    9 x Swooping Hawks + Exarch (Hawks Talon)

HEAVY
    3 x WW (2 x BL)

Wraithknight (Suncannon, Scatter Laser)

and...they were pretty fast matches...i won both, opponent threw in the towel in the first match in round three or four (and second in turn 4-5), after Mephiston was dusted by Asurmen...we had modified Maelstrom Primary, Kill points Secondary and Tertiary (FB,LL,STWL,LB)...he had 2 x Dredknights, Interceptors, the 10 x Terminators with Liby and Captain plus Coteaz, Mephiston, Sternguard in a pod, Valkyrie plus some blokes inside and a Stormaraven and Scouts...the nerfing of Mephiston is HUGE! Even with his Quickening, Asurmen had no problem with him, due to his AP3 weapon and Asurmen has the 2+ save...Sternguard are still nasty (wounds on 2+ shots against MC´s anyone? ), but they couldnt hack it...after the DK´s are gone, i just avoid the Termies (who had Gate of Infinity), but they are slow...plus, GK doesn´t have the weapons (ranged) to deal with WS´s...they couldn´t´kill either one of mine in either games. Nerfing of the Vangard veterans (no assault, when you come in) hurt like h*** the BA´s! It seems, that the BA -codex is even worst than the GK...that´s a shame, cos my friend has thousands of points in these armies...i don´t know WHO creates these WACK codecies....how hard can it be? I think, that even i could make a better codex, than the person who is charge for these two sorry-accuses-for-a-codex...BUT...we are making a series of "Testing the new Blood Angels codex -batreps". 1500p and i´ll face him in four different matches, with Orks, CSM, Dark Eldar and Eldar (PURE lists, no allies) and we´ll might have our verdict...

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Um... Was this a rules question or did you think this was a rant subforum? Easy mistake to make, I'm sure.

Here's an idea, next time, instead of allying 2 armies that have the same strengthes and weaknesses, ally 2 armies who cover one another's weknesses. Don't blame the codex because you allied 2 armies with weak anti-tank options and then couldn't blow up a tank. And don't blame the codex because you sent a LoW with AP 3 up against someone who is much, much slower but has a 2+ save.

Maybe read again and find out that he was in fact the eldar player?

Brother-Sergeant

WALL O TEXT... how about some spacing. That was terrible to read.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Maybe read again and find out that he was in fact the eldar player?
    No, Shadowcat's response was right on. This part of the forum is about rules question, not for ranting about codices. That's best left to Tactics or General.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    Um... Was this a rules question or did you think this was a rant subforum? Easy mistake to make, I'm sure.

Here's an idea, next time, instead of allying 2 armies that have the same strengthes and weaknesses, ally 2 armies who cover one another's weknesses. Don't blame the codex because you allied 2 armies with weak anti-tank options and then couldn't blow up a tank. And don't blame the codex because you sent a LoW with AP 3 up against someone who is much, much slower but has a 2+ save.
    So what is a good army (and what units from it) to counter Wave Serpents now? I used to take ´em down really easy with Vanguard Vets (melta bombs / Power fist, d6 scatter, re-roll reserve roll, assault after deep stirke) but right now I cant find anything.

Iv allready tried Astra Militarum with tons of Lascanons, Storm Ravens with tons of missiles and Sternguards with combi melta´s in drop pod but they just jink with 3+ or downgrade those few pens to glance. 4 games now and I think I was able to bring one down from lucky combined fire and one with super crazy teleport deep strike with terminators who were able to shoot it against rear armour. Rest of them fly, shoot and deliver units like wraith guard with d-scythes to right spots and destroy what evere is left after war walkers and wraithknight.

Psy powers really don´t help that much because its really only 2-3 out 6 that you are able to get that perfect timeing so you cant really make your lists acording to that (even if it really helps a lot if you do get it).

Really, really like to get some new ideas from you or anyone else! Thanks!

Yep, me be Eldar, World of Pain be Blood Angel (read the title of the thread), and if this is in a wrong area, sooorrrrrryyyyy ... you can move it. I thought here there would have been answers/ideas to ultra-nerfed new rules...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by World Of Pain View Post
    So what is a good army (and what units from it) to counter Wave Serpents now? I used to take ´em down really easy with Vanguard Vets (melta bombs / Power fist, d6 scatter, re-roll reserve roll, assault after deep stirke) but right now I cant find anything.

Iv allready tried Astra Militarum with tons of Lascanons, Storm Ravens with tons of missiles and Sternguards with combi melta´s in drop pod but they just jink with 3+ or downgrade those few pens to glance. 4 games now and I think I was able to bring one down from lucky combined fire and one with super crazy teleport deep strike with terminators who were able to shoot it against rear armour. Rest of them fly, shoot and deliver units like wraith guard with d-scythes to right spots and destroy what evere is left after war walkers and wraithknight.

Psy powers really don´t help that much because its really only 2-3 out 6 that you are able to get that perfect timeing so you cant really make your lists acording to that (even if it really helps a lot if you do get it).

Really, really like to get some new ideas from you or anyone else! Thanks!
    Couple options I'd recommend is either using the new Angels Fury Spearhead(Meltas and Heavy Flamers) combined with Jump Infantry(Baal Strike Force for +1 Int) to charge after deep strike, at 2500 points its affordable which would allow you to play as you did previously.

The other would be to take advantage of the Archangels Sanguine formation to load up 3 10 man Veteran squads with special weapons for 400 points less than it would have costed normally.

At 2500 points you could do both and still have points left over for a Primary detachment for your warlord and some cheap troops.

Good thing you played against some players who weren't playing to the strengths of their Codexes. Where were the melta ASM pod squads? Where were the gravity gun bikers? Where were the Death Company units? Heavy flamer tacs to counter charges?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    Hi,

Lost Vyper here, giving you the first impressions of the new BA -codex, from the opponents view...

Ok, got to play two games today with this list (Iyanden) against GK/Blood Angels/Inquisition 2500p...

CAD 1

HQ
    Asurmen (got the three WLT´s today! All crap! He was rollin with the DA´s )
    Farseer (Shard)
    joined by the bikes

TROOP
    6 x Jetbikes (2 x Cannon)
    9 x DA´s + Exarch (PM+SS)
    Wave Serpent (tlBL,Holo)

FAST
    Crimson Hunter (Exarch)

HEAVY
    Wraithlord (2 x Flamer, 2 x BL, GC)

CAD 2

HQ
    Baharroth
    Spiritseer
    joined by the WG

TROOP
    5 x WG (D-Scythes)
    Wave Serpent (tlBL,Holo)
    5 x Rangers

FAST
    9 x Swooping Hawks + Exarch (Hawks Talon)

HEAVY
    3 x WW (2 x BL)

Wraithknight (Suncannon, Scatter Laser)

and...they were pretty fast matches...i won both, opponent threw in the towel in the first match in round three or four (and second in turn 4-5), after Mephiston was dusted by Asurmen...we had modified Maelstrom Primary, Kill points Secondary and Tertiary (FB,LL,STWL,LB)...he had 2 x Dredknights, Interceptors, the 10 x Terminators with Liby and Captain plus Coteaz, Mephiston, Sternguard in a pod, Valkyrie plus some blokes inside and a Stormaraven and Scouts...the nerfing of Mephiston is HUGE! Even with his Quickening, Asurmen had no problem with him, due to his AP3 weapon and Asurmen has the 2+ save...Sternguard are still nasty (wounds on 2+ shots against MC´s anyone? ), but they couldnt hack it...after the DK´s are gone, i just avoid the Termies (who had Gate of Infinity), but they are slow...plus, GK doesn´t have the weapons (ranged) to deal with WS´s...they couldn´t´kill either one of mine in either games. Nerfing of the Vangard veterans (no assault, when you come in) hurt like h*** the BA´s! It seems, that the BA -codex is even worst than the GK...that´s a shame, cos my friend has thousands of points in these armies...i don´t know WHO creates these WACK codecies....how hard can it be? I think, that even i could make a better codex, than the person who is charge for these two sorry-accuses-for-a-codex...BUT...we are making a series of "Testing the new Blood Angels codex -batreps". 1500p and i´ll face him in four different matches, with Orks, CSM, Dark Eldar and Eldar (PURE lists, no allies) and we´ll might have our verdict...

- Lost Vyper

Banned

Heck, the Stalker and Hydra should be awesome against Wave Serpents. Both are twin-linked, don't care if Pens are downed to Glanced because it is based on Glancing things to death, anyway, and has the volume to do it, and Skyfire still helps against Skimmers. It requires Allies for Blood Angels, but hey, there are worse things to Ally.

Unfortunately, Grav is less effective against Vehicles than Monstrous Creatures and Marine Characters, and the Centurion's Grav Cannons are far better at getting that lucky Glance than the Guns, even on Bikes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast