BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Okay, yeah, they're fire throwers. And a bunch of other questions got answered for me:

[url]http://imgur.com/a/9hRYX[/url]

I have to say, that's a LOT of rules for one unit.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Okay, yeah, they're fire throwers. And a bunch of other questions got answered for me:

[url]http://imgur.com/a/9hRYX[/url]

I have to say, that's a LOT of rules for one unit.

Haven't seen these pics, thanks for the share. Now I know what space Skaven would look like if 40k had them, lol.

Digging the Vermin Lord the most out of all these verminous releases, it just screams 'Skaven' to me.

Chapter-Master

What's New Today:
    "There are six narrative scenarios in the box, which take place in the jungles of Lustria, the cramped city streets of Nuln and the Worlds Edge Mountains."

there were definitely Nuln and World's Edge stories in the Gotrek & Felix books, and they almost get to Lustria...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Currently reading Elfslayer.

Love the moment of clarity for Thanquol....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Side thought - wonder if these will be popular with Dark Eldar players for Grotesque conversions?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Side thought - wonder if these will be popular with Dark Eldar players for Grotesque conversions?
    Already been though of, my friend. Their are Dark Eldar players salivating with gruesome conversion dreams as we speak...

Okay, looking over those pages they showed, I've noticed a few things that have me wanting to see what might be in store this weekend (man, I wish I could get my book tomorrow night, but he's not allowed to give it to me until Saturday...):

1. Lords of Battle Campaigns: No idea what these are, but it sounds interesting. The example they have is a heck of a campaign chart, but it also mentions strategems, plus three characteristics: Persuasion, Planning, and Guile.

2. Dwarfs and Ogres working together. Sign of what's ahead for the Ogres? Or new allies rules?

3. One of the battles references formations, one each for the Dwarfs and Skaven, and gives you page numbers for them. I know there were a couple of Battle Scrolls for Undead that were sort of like formations, but this could be the sign of 40K-style formations becoming a serious part of WFB going into the future.

The End Times really do seem to be a testbed of new ideas...

Fly Lord

via[URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403583-End-Times-Thanquol/page116"] tupavko[/URL] 1-15-2015

END TIMES Thanquol Spoilers
    +++SPOILER ALERT+++

I did see the book and had some chance to give it a look, so I'll try to write as much as I remember at the moment more details tomorrow:

RULES:

- 3 (i think) different formations in the new book
    1 - army of Kharaz-a-Karak with specific units one must take special rules and restrictions (as in 40k)
    2 - Lizardmen army with the blessing +1 WS for all skinks (it's a lame one)
    3 - Skaven Army

- Warlord trait as in 40k... or something similar (I can't rememebr if it's only campaign related or general rule)

LORE:

PLACES:

Empire:
    Graf Boris Todbringer leaves Middenheim in the hands of Valten and Gregor Mertak and goes after Khazrak who he blames for all the bad things happening in his lands. He finds his nemesis but falls into a trap, although he challanges Khazrak, kills him, but at the end he is torn apart by Khazrak's herd
    Middenheim is under siege by a combined force of Archaon and Thanquol. Basically the Verminlords decide that Skaven are not strong enought to resist the Lord of the End Times, so Verminking sends Thanquol to speak with Archaon and make a deal. Archaon accepts and uses the skaven as a distraction and to poison the city of Middenheim. Eventually it turns out that Teclis is alive, hinding underground while performing a spell to steal the flame of Ulrik that is protecting the city against the invaders (the reason is not mantioned but it's for a greater good). Because of that the flame of Ulrik dies and people panic all around, so without protection deamons and skaven storm the city and the big fight starts... Archaon fights Valten but he gets kille by Verminlord Deciever's shurken, Gregor Mertak banishes Kayros from the mortla world but cannot resist Archaon.

Lustria:
    The skaven use Morrslieb to bombard the Lizardem but thanks to the effort of the Slann mages, some of them survive, although ALL of the SLann mages are slain in the process and are basically as Lord Kroak... This guy awakens and beats death, retuns to life just to save certain areas of Lustria by creating magical orbs that lift those lands and set them into the void" (YES WELCOME BUBBLEHAMMER, POKEHAMMER, WARHAMMERBALL ). After that Kroak dies again, and the prophet of SOtek dies too... Tet'o EKo is alive, as Krok Gar (i believe). Clan pestilens is seriously comprimised...

Kharaz-a-Karak:
    the battle between skaven, dwarfs and gobbos start at the EIght Peaks, with Queek falling into Skarsnik's trap, althought the Skaven arre much stronger, and Gobbla gets killed so SKasnik loses all of his will to fight... Belegar gets killed by Queek and his head is taken away. At a certain point a Verminlord takes the head to Skarsnik as a token of peace, and he gives him also a warpstone bomb to take to Zhufbar, but Skarsnik think it's a much better idea to detonate the Eight Peaks so he'll be rememebered as the true last king of the mountain and he takes his waaagh and leaves forever those lands for a new unnamed destination.
    After that Ikit Claw and QUeek lay siege to Kharaz-a-Kharak, the skaven have the biggest army in the history of the Old World, they even manage to brake the gate, but at that very the skaven army gets charged by the Bugman's rangers and Ungrim's slayers... Thay kill so many skaven that the army starts to panic, so Thorgrim has the chance to get close to Queek, and so he orders his bearers to put him on the ground and challanges the Skaven Warlord... Queek accepts makes some crazy ninja moves, yet Throgrim is much more stonger than him, so he manages to catch the skaven chief and after saying some epic words breakes his neck.... The clan Mors gets buchered Ikit Claw gets killed (but it's not true), and the dwarrfs win one of the biggest vistories in their history. Clan mors is destroyed... So at the end, Ungrim leaves to go help the EMpire with an army of ONLY slayers, Bugman speaks to Throgrim, and then goes away, and Throgrim gets back to the fortress of Kharaz-a-Karak, goes to think in a secret chamber, but he gets surprised by Snitch who kills him, draws some runes in order to summon the Deceiver, in order to open the gates and let the smaller clans (underground) strorm the fortress (at least that's the plan but the story stops before the invasion)

GENERAL:
    Chaos moves south, yet from the west dragon roars are herd in the empire while from the East the Ogre Kingdoms are about to arrive... Nagash moves north although he is slowed down by greenskins and dwarfs (in separate moments)

CHARACTERS:

Empire:
    - Graf Boris Todbringr killed by beastmen
    - Gregor Mertak killed after banishing Kaiyros
    - Valten killed by a shuriken from the Deceiver

Skaven:
    - Queek killed by Throgrim
    - Ikit Claw killed/wounded
    - Thanquol allied with Archaon

Chaos:
    - Khazrak killed ina duel
    - Kaiyros bannished by Gregor

Dwarfs:
    - Thorgrim killed by SNitch
    - Belegar killed
    - Ungrim Avatar of fire

Elves:
    - Teclis is alave and he stole the flame of Ulrik

Lizardmen:
    - Mazdamundi dead
    - Lord Kroak dead
    - Prpehet of Sotek dead.

I think that's it for the moment... Some things might be slightly wrong since I read it really quickly in order to get as many infos as I could... I tried to be as precise as possible yet, I cannot guarantee that evrything is 100% true, but almost!

(regarding Lizardmen "floating structures")
    ...Those are not spaceships: Chunks of Morrslieb fall upon Lustria (not meteors and yes Itza is destroyed) so forest burns and lizzies die... yet the Slann mages create a sort of force fields in order to deflect those warpstones falling from the skies, however all of them die. Mazdamundi is the last one. However their spirits are stil alive pretty much as Lord Kroak. Kroak sees things are going pretty bad, so he manages somehow to cheat death and creates "magical orbs" taht lift and preserve pieces of Lustria i the "void" (these are the exact same words GW used in the book NOT WARP but VOID, so I thought about the bubble rumors)... In this war between skaven and lizards, even the clan Pestilens is pretty weakened and Lord Nurglithc himself is wounded by Kroq Gar

(regarding Valten)
    ...He is dueling against Archaon... at a certain point Verminlord Deceiver throws a shuriken at him and hits him in the neck...

One funny thing is that for some reason GW seems to have a passion for cutting the heads off: Throgrim, Belegar, Valten Only headshots :P
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Nice information, shame the guy couldn't be bothered to proof read it.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Sorry lizzies, GW gone done you in.

BUT NO! we still dont believe our belevolent GW masters would actually write off armies and turn us into "space bubbles" after all they haven't told us their genius justification for us to continually spout as word of god....just wait until they do and we start justifying as opposed to the current denial
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast