BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Looking pretty impressive really.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

shift meals it is for 2015!

Chapter-Master

I just don't see a good role for these guys... maybe its just the Eldar player in me but these jetbikes seem rather confused. They have almost no survivability... a fairly nice ranged loadout but the haywire launcher doesn't really work that well with either the bolas OR the shuriken cannon so I'm not sure why'd you take it (unless its the Harlequins' only anti-tank weapon which it could possibly be). The crappy 4+ save means that anything that is AP4 is going to cause you to jink, which means all those blast weapons can't shoot next turn.

Furthermore the assault capabilities seem nice on the surface until you realize that terrain will be the best defense against these guys. Sure they can hit with a relatively large amount of medium strength AP2 on the charge, but their total lack of any kind of any kind of survivability, and no grenades, means that even a squad of tactical marines in cover will wipe them out before they're able to strike blows in assault.

So shooty is decent but with lack of a consistency/synergy. Assault is decent on paper but suffers from the same "banshee-itis" that other Eldar assault units have... they depend on being able to strike first because they can't take a punch back. If all it takes is a piece of terrain to completely nullify them in assault then it can't really be considered an assault unit.

Combined with the ludicrous price you pay per model and I just don't see these things as being all that great. Sure they'll have a novelty factor for Harlequin armies but they're not going to be ubiquitous UNLESS a shadowseer or other buffing unit can join them for a reasonable cost.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

I see the bikes as an awesome model to convert, paint and put on the shelf.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    I see the bikes as an awesome model to convert, paint and put on the shelf.
    Just don't put those silly bolas on them and I'd agree.

I might buy them just to convert into craftworlder bikes.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Combined with the ludicrous price you pay per model and I just don't see these things as being all that great. Sure they'll have a novelty factor for Harlequin armies but they're not going to be ubiquitous UNLESS a shadowseer or other buffing unit can join them for a reasonable cost.
    I think it will depend on the special rules tied to the skyweaver jetbike. If it has a rule about ignoring terrain for the purposes of assualt, you might see them get some play. I'm waiting till I see the book before I commit to buying anything beyond the solitaire.

I'm really excited about picking some of the harlequin stuff up.. but I won't buy sight unseen. The mandrakes taught me an important lesson.

Brother-Sergeant

Any thoughts on the mirage launchers (for the skyweaver jetbikes)?

are we thinking that they work as assault grenades, give bonus to cover save, both or other?

one-shot cover like smoke launchers...

secondary anti-infantry weapon....

bonuses to leaving combat...

AoE cover for other units...
    Last edited by helline9; 02-04-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Sorry if someone has previously said this but, I noticed that the harlequin troupe minis showed by games workshop have no harlequin embrace on them. Then I looked at the sprue images from theit web and found them: two left arms carrying a sort of sting on the side. But the embrace replaces the combat weapon, not the pistol! I chequed it, all pistols (shuriken, fusion and neural disruptors) are in the left arm.
    The leaked codex image is fake, or someone f*** things up and the codex is beinh reprinted. This could explain why it's being delayed so long, and not just because of "third party sculptor " management.

Chapter-Master

Uh-huh. A GW kit that doesn't inherently allow for all wysiwyg options? You don't say...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Eldur View Post
    This could explain why it's being delayed so long, and not just because of "third party sculptor " management.
    How do you delay something without a release date?

Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast