BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Librarian

If your opponent knows you have that warlord trait, it gives them more motivation to kill the warlord, not only to prevent that extra turn, but also to get 'Slay the Warlord' point.

It's really not that broken, and if you hide your warlord and a valuable bike unit for the entire game, then you have a big chunk of points doing nothing JUST to take an objective late game.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    If your opponent knows you have that warlord trait, it gives them more motivation to kill the warlord, not only to prevent that extra turn, but also to get 'Slay the Warlord' point.

It's really not that broken, and if you hide your warlord and a valuable bike unit for the entire game, then you have a big chunk of points doing nothing JUST to take an objective late game.
    not a single objective, potentially ALL the objectives

and thats not even going into just how good all the other warlord traits are. this is honestly like reading an all stars of warlord traits table.....I haven't seen the competitive gamers get this worked up about broken game design since the last eldar codex.
    Last edited by daboarder; 02-15-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    not a single objective, potentially ALL the objectives

and thats not even going into just how good all the other warlord traits are. this is honestly like reading an all stars of warlord traits table.....I haven't seen the competitive gamers get this worked up about broken game design since the last eldar codex.
    Well since a unit can't hold more than one objective, the ACTUAL answer is still 1. More to the point, only the Troupe Master can have a chance at those top 3, can't join a bike unit, and can't leave the unit he is in. So you know. There are a ton of reasons why what you think will happen won't.

Brother-Sergeant

a lot of people seem to be looking at the harli' warlord traits and panicking but there are distinct flaws with the army.
    To start with they are only strength and toughness 3 with a save of 5 which mean they go down like guardsmen, some of those warlord traits on space marines would be OP insane but they're just eldar.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kelshin View Post
    Well since a unit can't hold more than one objective, the ACTUAL answer is still 1. More to the point, only the Troupe Master can have a chance at those top 3, can't join a bike unit, and can't leave the unit he is in. So you know. There are a ton of reasons why what you think will happen won't.
    no as in each attached IC in a jetseer unit breaks away and caps a different objective with the Obj Sec main unit stealing one from the oppoent.

Thats nuts powerful when combined with first turn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by helline9 View Post
    a lot of people seem to be looking at the harli' warlord traits and panicking but there are distinct flaws with the army.
    To start with they are only strength and toughness 3 with a save of 5 which mean they go down like guardsmen, some of those warlord traits on space marines would be OP insane but they're just eldar.
    Most people are looking at them in combination with Eldar or Dark Eldar forces
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

no as in each attached IC in a jetseer unit breaks away and caps a different objective with the Obj Sec main unit stealing one from the oppoent.

Thats nuts powerful when combined with first turn

- - - Updated - - -

Most people are looking at them in combination with Eldar or Dark Eldar forces
    And you can't deal with that unit when you know from the start of the game that the warlord has that?
    BOLScon 40k Judge

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caldera02 View Post
    And you can't deal with that unit when you know from the start of the game that the warlord has that?

So you're saying the jetseers are chilling with a troupe of harlequins the entire game, and then during that final move they zip off to claim the objectives? Possible, but seems unlikely to play out like that. A lot of points and play would have to be devoted to an unreliable gimmick.

Everything that we've seen so far indicates a fairly high level of point investment to run them at all, compounded by the fact that if you indeed want to throw a ton of points of Seers with the expressed purpose of rolling a 5 on a chart, Most people would probably be ok with that.

I guess if the plan is to take 400+ points and just have it sit and hide for that final turn objective grab on stuff without OS in a glass cannon army that needs to make the most of it's hitting power then ok.

There wont be a "jetseer" unit. The only one who can have it is the troupe master. If you want to JOIN some Eldar IC's TO that unit...well, the ONE you'll get from your allied detachment. Ok. Enjoy not having half your special rules anymore for that unit. The only stuff it can affect are things that can join the Troupe itself. Which is few and far between.

Crazy, they didnt let the Harlie ICs roll more than a d3 on that table. Almost like balance or something.

EDIT: Though on that note, joining certain PLs to one of those could be not terrible. What with having a 2+ armor buffer and a few of them being CC beasts. Now with 100% more Veil of Tears and Stealth/Shrouded!
    Last edited by Kelshin; 02-16-2015 at 12:26 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Trystis View Post
    So you're saying the jetseers are chilling with a troupe of harlequins the entire game, and then during that final move they zip off to claim the objectives? Possible, but seems unlikely to play out like that. A lot of points and play would have to be devoted to an unreliable gimmick.
    Im sayiing dont be an idiot and if you cant see how powerful and potentially broken some of those warlord traits (plus the psychics, deathjester, Ld shennanigans and general harlequins) are then can I get it in writing and laugh at you in 6 months?

Because these things just gave eldar a boost they really didnt need

edit: Mostly the thing is, this rues design is just blatantly bad, waiting to be abused, and not likely to be fun to play against
    Last edited by daboarder; 02-16-2015 at 12:46 AM.

Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast