BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Only a surprise if you haven't looked at any previous character model release in the last year.

I will say plastic is much easier to tweak. I already customized my solitaire.
    Well, other character releases were typically something you'd only need one of, not three of. Having already gone through the PITA of modifying a box of Harlies, I'm just going to use my old models for some characters and new models for others, so I have a mix without wanting to stab myself with my X-Acto knife.

Chaplain

Very pretty! I must echo the comments that they seem a little difficult to customize though.

Are we saying that the last model was easy to convert?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Since my print codex won't be available for weeks, I grabbed the digital copy this morning (and I have to admit, if I did the shoddy layout job someone did on the Kindle version, I'd probably be fired, because it's pathetic in places). I'm not a fan of how limited the army is as an army - mainly in that you either have to play Unbound, or use a very specific detachment or formations - but the formations are nice to add to other armies, especially Eldar and Dark Eldar armies. It's probably not a coincidence that the cover of the codex has "Codex Eldar" at the top, it feels like it's meant to supplement the Eldar armies, but can be used with other armies as well.

Since Orks aren't CTA, that'll make it easier for me to mix them in with the Orks even. Much easier with Imperials, and seamless with Eldar/Dark Eldar.

Actually... you can use an Autarch as a High Avatar, Guardians as Mimes (especially Storm Guardians), and Wraithlords as Harlequin Wraithlords, mix in some Harlequin formations, and you have a lot more options and an army that blends together brilliantly. And if you have old Harlequin Jetbikes, you can sub in the rules for Eldar Jetbikes and call them "Mime Jetbikes" or something. Not perfect, but it could be fun to model and play with.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Since my print codex won't be available for weeks..
    Maybe the wait won't be quite that long. Just got an email stating that my one GW package (limited edition codex) should be delivered this week. Looks like it is already at the local processing hub.

Yeah my stuff has been trickling in as well. Still no Codex yet, but I've gotten my jetbikes, my troupe, my solitaire

My Mimes are going to be Wraithguard, the soulless shells who do not speak.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Picked up Codex and Cards this morning.

Lovely stuff!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    Maybe the wait won't be quite that long. Just got an email stating that my one GW package (limited edition codex) should be delivered this week. Looks like it is already at the local processing hub.
    Limited edition is different. Those were likely produced in England, not in China.

What's really annoying me is that I preordered the cards and dice, got neither this week. I expected that issue with the cards, but the dice? Didn't expect them to be made in China too...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Since my print codex won't be available for weeks, I grabbed the digital copy this morning (and I have to admit, if I did the shoddy layout job someone did on the Kindle version, I'd probably be fired, because it's pathetic in places).
    ePub doesn't have a strict layout due to the fact that its meant to be use on different screens sizes with different aspect ratios. On my galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 it looks fine in some places and terrible in others. If you adjust the scaling in the Play Books app it looks better.

But do what I do instead... get one of the free ePub authoring tools out there, load up the Harlequin dex and modify the layout yourself. I always take all of the units and their rules and make it so it fits on a single page. Did it with the Eldar Codex and took that monstrosity down to like... 30 or so pages.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire