BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

well im happy to be getting some new eldar models if no one else is new jetbikes god yes please ill happily convert them to fit the rest of my craftworld . death jesters so much to work with if this is true ill be very happy.

however you sisters fans have my sympathy i hope you do get your new army soon .

Strikes me Sisters are being worked on. Whilst not what was wanted, the codex released so far was more than just a thrown bone.

Whole range barring the Rhino needs to be redone in plastic, and to a standard that matches the metal ones, which despite being over 15 years old (can't remember precisely when though) are still some of the best GW have ever done.

At the moment, the model range lacks anything really uniquely 'them', leaving considerable scope for new units to be added - trick there of course is to add units which fit.

And it needs to be done right. As in Dark Eldar redo right, and then some (as not every model was a home run). Lots to be done. But they're bound to be on the way.

In the meantime, at least Harlequins aren't more Marines, so whining about it ought to be lower.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I've heard plenty of times that they've been sitting on Sisters stuff for when they get around to them again. Of course, all GW would need to do is one announcement on "yes, next summer we will release Sisters with a full codex" and people would get jacked up for it, but this is GW...

I dunno man. I get this weird kick seeing everytime he comes up with some new innacurate information with which to defend his liege.
    It's like watching nonathletic people attempt the Ninja Warrior Challenge, it's just kind of amusing.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You got us, daboarder and I are actually the same person. Homes in Australia and California, live wherever we feel like depending on the season. Sometimes we just feel like arguing with ourselves over certain things for fun, and to throw people off the scent. We're also the only people who have ever, ever, ever bought any sisters of battle models, ever. And we would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kid(s?).
    2 people sorry, they better hope you're willing to drop 50k each then

Brother-Sergeant

You guys can call them trolls all you want, but there is truth there. Sisters have never been a popular army (I've played since 2nd ed came out, and I could count the number of Sisters armies I have seen in person on my hands, and that includes my own small Sisters army). It makes sense that Games Workshop would be more likely to re-release something else which might be popular than to re-release something they know has never been popular. Cool as a new codex and plastic Sisters would be, I just don't see it happening any time soon.

As for the number of Sisters players, in my experience the few people who play them tend to be a bit fanatical so they will always make more fuss and appear more numerous than they are.

Personally, I would rather they focussed on re-writing the older codices so we could cycle out stuff like Codex Eldar and get something more in line with the power level of the other 7th ed codices.
    - Ezaviel
    Laudate imperatorem.

Chapter-Master

I like these random things, the knight release last year was cool too. While I agree Sisters need an update, it's cool to see interesting things like this rather over the normal neverending Codex Cycle. if it brings cool new kits and cool backround then I'm game - and if it proves popular it might lead to things i'd like to see myself.

I could see this release (if it happens) being similar to the Tempestus/Storm Trooper codex.
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 12-26-2014 at 05:43 PM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

Harlequins are pretty exciting to me, personally. Plastic kits would be rad, and they need to be excised from the Eldar book. Sisters would also be awesome, but they need an amount of effort and investment that GW may not want to put into anything right now, and understandably so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    At the moment, the model range lacks anything really uniquely 'them', leaving considerable scope for new units to be added - trick there of course is to add units which fit.
    I dunno, the last time they tried that, we got Sisters Repentia and the Pentient Engine.
    Last edited by Lexington; 12-26-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Librarian

I really hope this comes true!
    Sisters are one of my main armies, and while I hope for a redux I also am willing to wait for it to be done right.
    Harlequins will likely include very few new models and probably be best as an ally and not designed to stand on their own.
    Whereas the Sisters do require a total resculpt of and metal-plastic conversion and very likely new fluff and kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    You read that right!

via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403593-A-Laugh-For-Christmas"]darnok[/URL] 12-24-2014

Wow, the [URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Harlequins"]Harlequins[/URL] last saw a full Army List in the [URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warhammer_40,000:_Compendium"]Warhammer Compendium from 1991![/URL]
    Actually the last one was in Citadel Journal. I still have it.

Scout

Nice can't wait !! but having their own codex??

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast