BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

And in proper terms.....

I honestly cannot remember if they've done away with restricting DT availability to squads which can actually fit inside/on it?

If memory serves, whilst only the owning unit can deploy inside/on the transport, it can now pick up anyone once battle is underway.

Depending on what it's armed with (if indeed anything, with Harlies assume nothing), it could be a useful secondary tank hunter.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I hope the rumour of the Transport being a duel kit is true. So far they have 1 troops and 3 Elites, hopefully we will see at least one thing for each of the other slots. Perhaps jetbikes will be week3 (?)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

I'm beginning to think that the "jetbike" unit and the "transport" unit might be one in the same, especially seeing how both at one point have been referred to as "Starweavers".

What would be cool, if this was the first vehicle squadron transport -- where one squad of infantry can take a squadron of venom-like vehicles as a transport. Would definitely be a new and unique mechanic methinks.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I'm beginning to think that the "jetbike" unit and the "transport" unit might be one in the same, especially seeing how both at one point have been referred to as "Starweavers".

What would be cool, if this was the first vehicle squadron transport -- where one squad of infantry can take a squadron of venom-like vehicles as a transport. Would definitely be a new and unique mechanic methinks.
    Ooooooooooooh............

Harlequin Chariot anyone? Pilot, and two Harlies on the back to do the fighting?

That would be pretty cool, especially if it has hit and run.

And by cool I mean 'deeply frustrating for your opponent because the scrawny sods won't stand still long enough for you to punch them'

Which is the same thing.

Sort of had that in 2nd Edition, when Vypers could have a fighting platform for a character rather than the gun cradle (no model ever produced).

Imagine a squadron of those upside your head.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 01-31-2015 at 10:13 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Fly Lord

White Dwarf Teaser for Harlequin Week 2: 1-31-2015

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WD-Harlequin-2-tease.jpg 
Views:	845 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	12575

Also note:

[URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Masque_of_the_Midnight_Sorrow"]Masque of the Midnight Sorrow[/URL]

Sounds like the Transport is coming next week.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

I really want this thing to be able to fly in and out of the warp. this would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    I really want this thing to be able to fly in and out of the warp. this would make me happy.
    I'll just be happy if we can get a webway portal.

Librarian

Oh man that was one of my early dream pieces for this release, altogether I really love the Imperial WOM/Bastion/Aegis and I dream of the day perhaps that they offer at least that many pieces total for all the other xenos.

The Dream Team:

Spore Chimneys (again)
    Webway Portal
    Necron Necropolis
    Great Statue of Gork, or is it Mork?
    Tau Temple/Landing Pad
    Re-release of Chaos Temple of SKulls with more 40k rules

as a start...

personally, i'm thrilled. i still have the harley's i bought in (i think) '93 or '94, but i have always wanted more and different ones. PLUS, (even though i like the old rules more (so far, anyway), finally, a codex?! yes please, all around.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post

that would be AWESOME!!
    I hope their transports Deep-strike, are open-topped and have a 'grav-chute insertion' type rule.
    Can you imagine Harlequins back-flipping off venoms into combat... oh so cool!!
    Last edited by helline9; 02-01-2015 at 05:33 AM.

Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast