BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

New Sororitas would be lovely, but I doubt it'll happen.

And with the Repentia and Penitent Engine? They need to decide what they're for: are they elite melee killers, or are they expendable cannon fodder? Because they're priced like the former and statted like the latter.

With the Repentia, I'd say either make them at least as good as Death Cult Assassins (or why even bother having them in the codex in the first place?), with a bunch of special rules that let them swing their Eviscerators at something like inititative 6 (with a further rule that lets them count as being equipped with frag grenades), or else give them FNP 3+ and just be done with it, because at the moment, they're just turd as melee elites.

Alternatively, keep them as they are and make them 4pts each, because that's honestly all they're worth. Let them be the Sororitas equivelant of grots and be done with it.

As for the Penitent Engine, either make it a melee-focused Sentinel worth something like 35 pts and squadded in units of 5 (so at least one makes it into melee), or else give it an absurd number of attacks - like five or something - and make it a distraction unit; something easy to kill but that you simply can't ignore or it'll wreck your face.

I imagine what will actually happen is that they will stay as they are, and thus NEVER be sold or used.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ezaviel View Post
    You guys can call them trolls all you want, but there is truth there. Sisters have never been a popular army.
    The problem with the Sisters, has always been that they were an all metal army from 2nd edition, most of the other armies out in 2nd ed had at least some type of plastic figures out with which to bulk out the army even if they were just Monopose figures, such as the orcs and space marines from the main game, the genestealers and nid warriors from Space Hulk/Advanced Space Crusade, hell even eldar had plastic's from the Space Crusade expansion, but Sisters, all metal, and that would always put people off from seriously collecting them, and it's still the problem today.

GW just need to take that leap of faith and release them in plastic, there is a demand now for female figures for sci-fi, many other game systems and figure makers are already proving that....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    GW just need to take that leap of faith and release them in plastic, there is a demand now for female figures for sci-fi, many other game systems and figure makers are already proving that....
    And making a killing whille they are at it.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Hope it's true.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    And making a killing whille they are at it.
    of course!

to keep on topic though 'Quin's would be a great small compact army for experianced modellers and gamers especially if they make them as plastic kits which can make several types of 'Quins from the single box, like the Grey Knights...

Heck it might even bring in new players, who would't want to model and paint a killer circus army!
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

I'd actually expect something more akin to militarum tempestus
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quite possible.

Haven't got the book, so apologies for potential silly question, but I seem to recall Dark Eldar didn't have Harlequins?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Quite possible.

Haven't got the book, so apologies for potential silly question, but I seem to recall Dark Eldar didn't have Harlequins?
    nope no harlies

Yep, no Harlies in the DE -codex. This would be interesting, there should be Formations in the book (first for the Eldar!)? Let´s hope, that the Formations are not in the lines of BA, where you´d have to own a zillion models to make them work, but more in the Dark Eldar -Formations style...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Veteran-Sergeant

Never been interested in collecting space clowns but bring back Mimes and the oh so deadly, crazy-dancing Solitaires and it might just pique my interest.

I'm not sure they warrant their own full Codex though. Maybe a dataslate or, as Xeno suggested, a Storm Trooperesque 'dex.
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast