BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

I'm very skeptical on this rumor but I have to say.. it is possible. After watching the gutting of the Dark Eldar special character section, it's not hard to believe they would do something like this. I quit Dark Eldar after seeing that codex.

I guess I can give up on my 2000 point Thousand Son army too. It's much more annoying though. I had almost all of it painted.. including an additional 1500ish tzeentch demon army.

All that would be leftat that point is my Eldar warhost.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    cult troops have always been in, only way I could possibly see them leaving now would be if they were getting legion specific books shortly after. the dataslates could be a free get you by for all we know, and not something rubbish you pay for. there are any number of ways of looking at these rumours

When I saw the word 'free' I almost fell out of my chair.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

well a lot of new models have had free rules lately, no reason why these wouldn't be.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

What I kind of expect is the streamlining of cult troops.

For example, instead of having a CSM unit, a khorne, a slanesh, a nurgle and a tzeench....

Just have the CSM squad with the marks to upgrade them.

There really isn't a reason to have a separate entry when everyone uses them as troops. It would also make the CSM squad seem less worthless if it's done right. (And with the whole "unlock" stuff going away thank you GW)

Additionally, this could be applied to chosen, who are pretty much cult troops once you mark them.

What does this allow:
    detachments and formations that require a certain mark for a god specific bonus, etc....this more closely follows the 7th ed model then this rumor. (IE, this person misinterpreted information.)

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

well a lot of new models have had free rules lately, no reason why these wouldn't be.
    its one of the good things GW has been doing lately
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Most (if not all) of those were limited situations. With the End Times stuff, you're talking kits that are NOT cheap, where the books were too limited in the print runs (and requiring you to have the book would dampen sales of the models), and now rumors seem to suggest a lot of those kits won't even be usable in a few months (unless we play an OOP game).

I'm not sure about the Tyranids, they might have the rules with them, but mercifully those were put online. But that was a different scenario entirely. It wasn't taking things out of a book. It was adding new units and models to the line months later. With the cult units, you're taking out units that have been part of the CSM army, just to put them into WD. And if they put them up online free, that begs the question why they wouldn't just put them in the book in the first place.

I'm really hoping these rumors coming out are people just yanking our chains, because collectively it's sounding like GW is going to take the worst parts of corporate strategies from companies like EA and put them to effect, and people are already getting alienated just by the thought of this stuff. If it actually happens, that could be a mess of lost customers.

Chapter-Master

I actually wonder if they take a knights/tempestus approach with the cult forces and expand them a little into a small army.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

cult troops have always been in, only way I could possibly see them leaving now would be if they were getting legion specific books shortly after. the dataslates could be a free get you by for all we know, and not something rubbish you pay for. there are any number of ways of looking at these rumours
    Last time Cult troops where in was in the 3.5 codex.
    Deathguard Terminators? Emperors Children Dreads? Worldeater Bikers?

We have been hearing the lame positivity about "dont worry, there will be supplements/dataslates/... " since the 6th ed "codex" hit.
    What happened? I-just-pulled-a-bland-traitor-chapter-out-of-my-***-supplement and formations for one of the most useless units in the codex.
    But hey... always remember... they are no "real space marines" they cant have good stuff.

Well, i saw a rumour about "Book of Khorne, The Book of Nurgle, The Book of Tzeentch and The Book of Slanesh." for 40k. 15 months ago. on 09.2013. yes, that long ago.

Unfortunatelly ladies and gentelman - i'm preaty sure, that they will move cult marines out of the standard CSM codex. And comunity will like that.

What they are trying to achive is situation like with normal SM - There are 4 SM codexes - SM, BA, DA, SW. What we will have is most probably going to be 5 CSM codex - 4 for gods, and one undivided, representing renegades and such. This will allow god specific armies more common on the table - with no more "all in one khorne next to slanesh" bull****. Hopefully they are trying to make 1-god armies playable.

See- GW had been parting choas all the time - in WFB we had "Chaos" - and then it spawned to Wariors, Beastman and Deamons. In 40k they just divide further CSM, as they divided normal SM into Vanila, DA, BA, SW.

What we should hope for - is that they will do it properly. Vanila CSM codex with rules for legions - like chapter tactics - and 4 Books as complete full minicodexes, probably with as many rules as in "imperial knights"

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Last time Cult troops where in was in the 3.5 codex.
    Deathguard Terminators? Emperors Children Dreads? Worldeater Bikers?

We have been hearing the lame positivity about "dont worry, there will be supplements/dataslates/... " since the 4th ed "codex" hit.
    What happened? I-just-pulled-a-bland-traitor-chapter-out-of-my-***-supplement and formations for one of the most useless units in the codex.
    But hey... always remember... they are no "real space marines" they cant have good stuff.
    Fixed that for you
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast