BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default HH Dark Angels 2000pts - help needed

Hello people,

Having received the HH crusade army list book for xmas, I have started looking into creating a DA force for the HH that will double as my Fallen army in regular 40k.

I am aiming at 2000pts and the list thus far is as follows:
    +++ Dark angels 1 (1965pts) +++

+ HQ (345pts) +

Legion Centurion (125pts) [Plasma Pistol (15pts), Power Armour, Refractor Field (10pts), Volkite Serpenta (5pts)] Moritat 45pts

Legion Praetor (220pts) [Archaeotech Pistol (20pts), Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers (15pts), Iron Halo (25pts), Jump Pack (20pts), Master of the Legion, Mastercraft a Single Weapon (15pts), Paragon Blade (25pts)]

+ Troops (790pts) +

Legion Assault Squad (315pts)
    [10x Legion Assault Space Marines (150pts), 2x Plasma Pistol (30pts) handflamer on Sg 10pts + power weapon 10pts

Legion Tactical Squad (250pts)
    [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts), Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade (20pts)]
    ····Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (50pts) [Auxiliary Drive (10pts), Twin-Linked Bolter (5pts)]
    ····Legion Tactical Sergeant (30pts) [Plasma Pistol (15pts), Power Fist (15pts)]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (225pts) [Legion Sergeant, 4x Legion Space Marines (60pts), Plasma Guns (75pts)]
    ····Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (50pts) [Auxiliary Drive (10pts), Twin-Linked Bolter (5pts)]

+ Elites (195pts) +

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (195pts)
    [Havoc Launcher (15pts), Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons (25pts)]

+ Heavy Support (635pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (260pts)
    [Autocannons (45pts), Legion Sergeant, 8x Legion Space Marines (160pts)]

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (170pts)
    ····Legion Predator Tank (170pts) [Armoured Ceramite (20pts), Executioner Plasma Cannon (35pts), Lascannons (40pts)]

Legion Sicarian Battle Tank (205pts)
    [Armoured Ceramite (20pts), Auxiliary Drive (10pts), Lascannons (40pts)]

Now, i'm 35pts under so either I pay for a rhino for the heavy support squad or remove some points from elsewhere to get a destroyer squad to go with the Moritat.

What do you guys think? Personnally I reckon there's a bit of AP2 weaponry missing...

Ok so I've tweaked the list a bit for some ore AP2

Out with:
    Legion support squad
    Contemptor dread

In with
    Spartan assault vhl with quad lascanon sponsons
    Rapier quad lascanon
    Added melta bombs to assault sqaud sgt and moritat
    Rhino for heavy weapons squad.

Which brings it all to 2000pts what do you guys think?

First-Captain

I like it

the Spartan is always a great choice.

Out of curiosity, what's gonna be riding in the Spartan? If you're just taking it as a battle tank you're wasting a ****load of transport space in it. Are you limited by figures already in your collection btw? If not I'd consider dropping the assault squad and heavy support squad, get a few more tac marines and stick them in the spartan, and get a fire raptor instead of the contemptor, whilst trying to fit the tac support squad back in to make termies go squish. You don't really need the autocannons of the HS if you consider the mass bolter fire from the tac's, the sicaran's insane output and 9-10 plasma gun shots a turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhizz84 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's gonna be riding in the Spartan? If you're just taking it as a battle tank you're wasting a ****load of transport space in it. Are you limited by figures already in your collection btw? If not I'd consider dropping the assault squad and heavy support squad, get a few more tac marines and stick them in the spartan, and get a fire raptor instead of the contemptor, whilst trying to fit the tac support squad back in to make termies go squish. You don't really need the autocannons of the HS if you consider the mass bolter fire from the tac's, the sicaran's insane output and 9-10 plasma gun shots a turn.
    I was thinking of the preator and assault squad for the Spartan. Basically to survive the first round and jump out and assault when a victim presents itself.

The only unit I have so far are the heavy weapons squad (got them for havocs in CSM army and dressed them up as heresy era DA/Fallen)

I can see what you mean about them being surplus though. I will play around with the idea as I did like the full plasma support squad doing exactly that supporting the main tactical squad.