BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    I wouldn't expect much psyker activity from the mechanicus. I would expect them to be good at repairing and upgrading mechincal equipment.. even during pitched battle.
    Yeah, but they might have some special stuff that might act similar to psychic powers, kind of like how IG have orders. I could imagine an AdMech commander giving advanced instructions to robots during the battle, or sending override commands to walkers to make them more effective in short bursts. That would be pretty awesome.

If GW doesn't use that idea, I'm keeping it for some house rule fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Yeah, but they might have some special stuff that might act similar to psychic powers, kind of like how IG have orders. I could imagine an AdMech commander giving advanced instructions to robots during the battle, or sending override commands to walkers to make them more effective in short bursts. That would be pretty awesome.

They used to have Electo priests that were like living lightning guns....
    "It is I, Dr. Mobius, transmitting from my dome-shaped... dome in the Forbidden Zone. A zone... that is, yes... forbidden to you." - Dr Mobius

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    I wouldn't expect much psyker activity from the mechanicus. I would expect them to be good at repairing and upgrading mechincal equipment.. even during pitched battle.
    Heresy era Mechanicum have equivalent powers, if not actual Psykers.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post

Yeah, that's how I picture them working too. Upgrading units with tech abilities. I hope they don't use the psyker phase for something like this. I would have spend the next few years listening to rules lawyers trying to say that a mechinaum psyker is not like other psykers and can't be affected by other player's anti psyker equipment.

Mystery:
    Yeah, but did the mechanicum have the overriding drive to eliminate their physical bodies during the heresy?

Arguably more so.

One of them got melted off a Xenos, and was left as pretty much a brain in a jar. He has various bodies available, and a personal, short range teleporter to keep him going.

The higher up the echelons, the more modified you are.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567