BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weird thought: Should the Church of Chaos be founded in real life?

I've been away, nearly a year now, I've been watching the world. Call me crazy or a little too pessimistic, but I'm starting to see the work of the dark gods (Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh, and Tzeentch) in the real world. Let's recap 2014 shall we:

January was marked the coldest winter on record. Where I live in tropical Florida, during a hail storm, my car was frozen shut for three days! Which has never happened be before.

Two Malaysian planes just disappeared in the Pacific Ocean, One was shot down by the Russians in Ukraine. This is 2014, I can have my license plate read by a satellite in space yet, some how a plane with hundreds of people can vanish as if David Copperfield did it. #HowDoYouLoseAPlane

Nigeria, hundreds of school girls just get kidnapped. Wait, isn't Nigeria supposed to be the most stable country in Africa?

ISIS!? What Al-Quida wasn't crazy enough?

Ebola is back!? Who made Ebola, some mad scientist?

Russian money deflates, Well, that proves why you shouldn't link a currency to a commodity.

To find the work of Khorne in the real world, all you have to do is look at Africa and the Middle-east.

Slaanesh = the sex trade in Asia and Europe, the drug cartels in South America.

Nurgle = Every third world country on the planet, the fact that there are still third world countries in 2014 really infuriates me.

Tzeentch is probably going to be the hardest to accept. America and Europe are changing technologies so fast that whole industries are disappearing faster than people can get retrained for a new career.

Am I alone in saying that this stuff has to stop? Does anyone else think there should be some sort of organization or cult with the mission of stopping these demons?

Battle-Brother

The Chaos Gods have always been at work here on Earth, we humans just seem to forget that things always seem worse in our time than the past. :-p

History has been fraught with horror, suffering and pain, but there is great good on Earth as well. The Black Death, the slaughtering of untold numbers during the World Wars, slavery, things like these have happened and will continue to happen.

We can't get caught up in our time, merely try to do the best we can to help those we can reach.

Just go out and try to be as decent a human being as you can.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Broodingman87 View Post
    Am I alone in saying that this stuff has to stop? Does anyone else think there should be some sort of organization or cult with the mission of stopping these demons?
    It wouldn't be the Church of Chaos in that case, and frankly given some of the issues are caused by christianity and islam (ie the religions that the Ecclesiarchy is based on) I'm fairly sure that any religion made to fix things is likely to make things worse.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Just on the off chance they are out there - absolutely not!

Have you seen what we do in the name of supposedly buddy buddy loveydovey Gods?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    It wouldn't be the Church of Chaos in that case, and frankly given some of the issues are caused by christianity and islam (ie the religions that the Ecclesiarchy is based on) I'm fairly sure that any religion made to fix things is likely to make things worse.
    Well, If we promote the opposite deity then wouldn't that cause them to balance out, (ie promoting infrastructure, education and technical development in the Nurgle stricken regions while promoting stagnancy in the Tzeentch stricken regions), would that not help?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Have you seen what we do in the name of supposedly buddy buddy loveydovey Gods?
    I know, it's tragic, and probably why do many people (including me) don't see Allah/Jehovah.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    I don't know. Unitarian Universalists are pretty awesome. If there's anyone I'd trust with unlimited power to govern the world and kill at will, if necessary, and with a heavy heart, it'd be Fred Wooden, the Unitarian Universalist minister at the church I grew up near (in? I don't know. I'm Jewish, but my family hung out with the Unitarians after our synagogue - long story - kicked us out).
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Also worth noting that, recession of the last 5-6 years aside, by almost every possible objective gobal measure the world is a better place overall. Less violence, disease, higher standards of living, etc.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Also worth noting that, recession of the last 5-6 years aside, by almost every possible objective gobal measure the world is a better place overall. Less violence, disease, higher standards of living, etc.
    By what measure? In order to say something is better you have to relate it to something, are you saying 2014 is better than 2013? 2004? 1804? 4?

Brother-Captain

Generally those statistics are measured in 10 yr blocks, to smooth out temporary bumps caused by stuff like wars, recessions or huge natural disasters. So 2010 would be measurably better (according to the metric they use) than 2000, which would be better than 1990, and so on until they run out of data points.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

A lot harder to track a plane in thousands of square miles of open water with no reliable satellite reception than cities with established communications infrastructure.

The latter doesn't stop people disappearing from the face of the Earth either. If a plane drops somewhere into the Indian Ocean, there's a lot of sea to search for a few-miles-wide patch of temporary debris. Not to mention anything dropping into the Pacific would get lost in the Garbage Patches before too long.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast