BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Red Scorpion plog

Hey all,

Since i got a really nice offer on my blood ravens i decided to seel them an start something new. I was reading stuff about the badab war and soon decided that it was time for me to go for a red scorpions army. Sinc my local gamesshop group only has alot of "regular" marine players i really like the plan of starting something out of the box.......again

I started to run into a slight problem even before i started planning on my army. I dont have access to a credit card, so ordering stuff from FW is out of the question which will call alot on my crafting skills. To solve the Red Scorpion iconography i decided to go for the waterslide technique. Lucky for me there where sheets available for download. but for some reason the all looked a bit basic. so out came the designer programs and i started to make my own version of decalsheets.

This is the result of a few days work:

Standard sheet to be printed on white decalpaper

Vehicle sheet to be printed on white decalpaper

Random stuff to be printed on transparent decal paper

I really enjoyed making these things, and gave me a good reason to finally buy me a printer.
    If you like the decals and want to use them for your own army please let me know so i can give you the download link to them.

[due to picture limit continue reading my blog in the next post]

With the decal problem solved it was time to find out what colours to use and after a few test runs on the cheap marines i found out that this looks the best for my army:

Terminator vetran sergeant

The colourscheme im using is pretty simple and for some reason looks pretty good

Armour:
    Base: 50/50 Abadon Black/Mechanicus Battle Grey (airbrushed)
    Wash: Agrax Earthshade
    Layer: 50/50 Abadon Black/Mechanicus Battle Grey
    Highlight: 50/50 Mechanicus Battle Grey / Dawnstone

Yellow:
    Base: Lyanden Darksun
    Highlight: 25/75 Bleached Bone / Lyanden Darksun
    Edge: Bleached Bone

Reds:
    Base: Merchrite Red
    Highlight: Blood Red
    Edge: Blood Red/ Sunburst Yellow

Bone:
    Reaper bone triad

again a problem solved

yet another challenge to solve;

I really wanted to use the characters in the books so that meant i really needed a commander culln model, or at least a model looking pretty close to him.
    time to get creative again and this is the result

Really proud of how the chest came out, the circle even has room for a mini scorpion transfer. His sword should be a bit bigger tho....

so every self respecting Red Scorpion player should have at least one landraider helios in his arsenal so guess what...
    Yep i made one myself

Couldnt resist to try out a new technique i borrow from my dad.

not: this is an older photo of my helios i need to make a new one since the missile launcher is different

well challenges, my next challenge make some extra armour for my rhino APC's

i absolutely love the FW version of the extra armour so i got out my scalpel and plasticard and started to fix some armour:

Still needs alot of work but the result looks nice enough to continue building this.
    im currently not working from a template, for some reason nobody ever tried making a template for it but since im keeping all my scraps ands messurements i think ill be making one.

im even thinking about making some molds for personal use sinc i ned to replicate the armour for at least 3 more rhino's and fixing a pressmold saves ALOT of time

small update on the rhino: left side armour is finally done!

Starting on the front in a sec

Brother-Sergeant

Very impressive work so far, you should well be proud of the greenstuff work on Culln!

Great work on the extra armour as well - how'd you come up with the template? And what've you used for the rivets? They're suitable chunky to bolt on the plates, very nice.

thx for the compliments!

to answer your questions:
    - the template i made from just eyeballing the FW version took some time but working on a templated version so you can download it pretty soon.
    - the rivets are actually a funny thing, they are dresspins i had laying around, just drill a hole, cut the pin to size (watch for the eyes) and tac them with a drop of super glue

hope this helps

Occuli Imperator

Looking good. Love the Big eagle on the chest of the termy
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Iron Father

Very impressed by this, I love the conversion work.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast