Quote Originally Posted by Levaticus View Post
Like all of your projects i eagerly await to see the final product.
Why? As with all of my projects I am so sorry to see their completion because the fun is over and then I just have to start over again on something else

Can this be analogous to 'Postpartum depression?'

Tools of the Trade:

There has been a few questions regarding the amount of tools necessary to build my projects. I do have a lot of special tools that I need for work. I have been a mechanic all my adult life but to work on styrene models the material being so soft and malleable I find the most basic hand tools are sufficient to perform any of the work you see here.

Aside from the tools pictured here I would add an X-acto razor saw and the small diameter X-acto knife with a goodly supply of the # 11 blades.

When I get into the fine detail work I will break out my Jeweler's files as well but aside from that this is all I have used so far on the Thunderhawk.

[URL=http://imgur.com/MVFO2][/URL]

You can see that:

A good quality combination square is essential.

A good quality utility knife with a supply of sharp blades.

A medium sized X-acto knife handle with #18 X-acto chisel blade. chisel.

A wooden cutting board is essential as opposed to one of those plastic self healing cutting mats. That's just my preference but I'm a creature of habit.

A 8" sized single cut file.

Home made sanding blocks with coarse and 80 grit sandpaper adhered with double back tape

A 6" scale graded in 1/64th inch and millimeters.

A calculator

Sharp Pencils

I use Ambroid ProWeld thin plastic cement but as the brush is so clunky and thick and the bottle so easy to tip over I refill the Tamiya thin plastic cement bottle; it has a much more stable bottle and a very fine tipped brush. When the fluid level in the bottle gets too low I drop in a few glass marbles to raise the level.