BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by badbuzz View Post
    But you don't need to change what unit is embarked while in reserve because there is no rule requiring a dedicated transport placed in reserve to be carrying the unit it was selected with.

That limitation on units embarked on dedicated transports on RB pg 82 only applies "when it is deployed". The preparing reserves rule on RB pg 135 says "players can choose not to deploy some of their units, keeping them as reserves", which defines units which are placed in reserve as not being deployed, so the limitation does not apply.

RB pg 135, Combining Reserve Units, says "you must specify if any units in Reserve are embarked upon any Transport vehicles in Reserve, in which case they will arrive together." Since you can specify if ANY units are embarked on ANY vehicles, once vehicles and units are in reserve you can specify any combination you like.

I do agree that once you have specified a combination you are stuck with it and can't swap or disembark.
    Page 82 says a Dedicated Transport in reserves can only begin with the unit it was selected with embarked upon it plus Independent Characters, page 135 says units embarked on a transport in reserve must arrive together, nowhere in the rules does it support the premise of units moving in and out of transports in reserve in fact the exact opposite. Once the vehicle arrives on the battlefield units may enter the dedicated transport if it has sufficient room to allow for such as indicated in the last blurb of page 82 for the new Dedicated Transports rule.

If you wanna put Sisters in a drop pod create an unbound list or select Drop Pods as a Fast attack option for an allied Blood Angel or Space Wolf force.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Do note that just because something is in the Dedicated Transport Role does not necessarily mean it cannot be taken alone in Unbound. So, borrowing an Iron Hand Drop Pod for Unbound could be... Interesting.
    Except, where you can't. Because Unbound only throws out the detachments limitations, it doesn't let you actually ignore all unit selection/limitation rules. Otherwise you could run 5 man las plas squads....same thing
    Last edited by daboarder; 01-22-2015 at 07:47 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

As is typical for GW though they can't be bothered to FAQ simple crap like...oh...I don't know..6th Edition Codex units previously listed under Dedicated Transports now have the Fast Attack battlefield role as a default like every other Codex since 7th edition came out.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Except, where you can't. Because Unbound only throws out the detachments limitations, it doesn't let you actually ignore all unit selection/limitation rules. Otherwise you could run 5 man las plas squads....same thing
    I can only disagree here. Unbound lets you use whichever units you want. That's literally what it says: "simply use whichever units from your collection you want." A Drop Pod is a unit; a Tactical Squad with Drop Pod is two units, regardless of how much las or plas they have. It is, in other words, not "same thing." I made this same argument for an army of empty Trukks back before the new Codex allowed them to be taken as Fast Attack, and I'm sticking to it now.

simply use whichever units from your collection you want
    So my Darth Vader mini from my collection, that Lorgar from my collection, the 8 CSM with Autocannons in one unit,...

Any line you draw is abitrary. So yes, unbound is pretty much "only" to get rid of any FOC but still use WH40k minis and WH40k rules attatched to them.
    Want to field all Eldar special Character + all Space Marine special characters against 100000000 Hormagaunts? Here you go unbound.
    Want to field 10x Abbadon? Nope, still against the rules.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    So my Darth Vader mini from my collection, that Lorgar from my collection, the 8 CSM with Autocannons in one unit,...

Any line you draw is abitrary. So yes, unbound is pretty much "only" to get rid of any FOC but still use WH40k minis and WH40k rules attatched to them.
    Want to field all Eldar special Character + all Space Marine special characters against 100000000 Hormagaunts? Here you go unbound.
    Shame.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Though you are welcome to load your sisters into an empty Drop immobile drop pod sitting on the battlefield after the fact if you wanted.
    Except you can't mount a Drop Pod after it Deploys.

Quote Originally Posted by badbuzz View Post
    But you don't need to change what unit is embarked while in reserve because there is no rule requiring a dedicated transport placed in reserve to be carrying the unit it was selected with.

That limitation on units embarked on dedicated transports on RB pg 82 only applies "when it is deployed". The preparing reserves rule on RB pg 135 says "players can choose not to deploy some of their units, keeping them as reserves", which defines units which are placed in reserve as not being deployed, so the limitation does not apply.

RB pg 135, Combining Reserve Units, says "you must specify if any units in Reserve are embarked upon any Transport vehicles in Reserve, in which case they will arrive together." Since you can specify if ANY units are embarked on ANY vehicles, once vehicles and units are in reserve you can specify any combination you like.

I do agree that once you have specified a combination you are stuck with it and can't swap or disembark.
    Yeah, the key point is "deploy". If a Drop Pod is purchased as a Dedicated Transport for a Tactical Squad, only that Tactical Squad can be in it when the Drop Pod arrives or it can arrive empty. That doesn't mean another unit (even from the same detachment) can be in it when it deploys.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    And being purchased as a Dedicated Transport for a unit is based in another unit's entry, not the Role listed for the unit. So, no, completely different thing.

And yes, I can run 5 man Las/Plas, because Crusaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post

The Mini is fine, but what UNIT is it? They aren't exactly the same thing, mind.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234