BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Win-Lose or well Win or Lose

I was wondering the other day about other peoples records with the Space Hulk missions, i.e. did the Terminators or the Genestealers win? So I would like eveyone to post which of the teams won in each mission they played. I have only played 2 missions so far (blasted job and social life) so my record is...

Mission 1: Genestealers
    Mission 2: Space Marines (barely it came down to one genestealer and one space marine, who then shot the stealer in the face at point blank range)
    "If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night, but if you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Battle-Brother

I've played a couple of dozen games and it seems that most of the time the Stealers come out on top about 3 to 1, I don't see it as much of a surprise though, the game seems a little stacked in their favor. When the Marines do win most of them don't survive, it's a real skin of their teeth situation.

Now when my buddies and I bust out all three of my Space Hulks the Marines fair much better at completing their missions. If you can get your hands on a couple more Hulks I suggest it, it's super fun.

-Goresmack

Veteran-Sergeant

Ive only played the first mission as both Steelers and Marines, in both instances, Marines won. This weekend 5 of us are getting together for 2 days to see how much we can get through. Will update after then.....

Chaplain

I've played mission one three times, each game switching sides to make it total of six games played. The games went as such:

Game 1: Genestealers 2 - Terminators 0
    Game 2: Genestealers 1 - Terminators 1
    Game 3: Genestealers 2 - Terminators 0

The third game was actually very close to being 1:1 which made for one the most exciting games played.

I was playing the Terminators and had everything lined up for the win on my following turn. My dice rolls were on fire. I was laying waste to Genestealers left and right, zero Terminator casualties, I felt unstoppable. A lone Genestealer is on the board, it's only a square away to the front of a Terminator on overwatch. The Genestealer closes in... I fire... JAM! The Genestealer tears the Terminator to pieces and now has a direct path to the back of my heavy flamer three squares away. The Genestealer has just enough AP's to close in and get in one attack... I might be able to survive. The Genestealer closes in, uses its last AP to attack... The dice come up: 3, 4, 4. I still have a chance, all I need is a 4+ to survive and take the win next turn... I roll my single die, putting all of my faith in the dice gods to give me a 4+... The die rolls down the table, toppling end over end, nicks the corner of a board piece and goes into a spin... A split second later the die settles... ONE.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Me and three friends have played the first mission several times, the second just once so far.

Mission 1:

I won as the terminators (just). I lost one or two marines, and relied on pulling a lucky number of command points to get my flamer into position to flame the room. If I'd not drawn high enough, the stealers would have torn him to bits.

As the stealers, I beat the terminators twice - once in a 'normal' game, once in a game that was over very quickly. And in a rematch, I lost. My stealers were dying almost every time he fired at them, and he was good at creating covering fire lanes and using the flamer to block of parts of corridor.

Mission 2:

Against the player who beat me while I was the stealers, narrowly lost to me in this mission. I should say that we added a 20 turn time limit for the marines to prevent them standing in the rooms on overwatch and the stealers hiding around the corners. The turn limit was to force the marine player to actually try to shut down the entry points.

It was very close. I gave up trying to get any stealers on the end with the very long corridors after an initial attempt failed. So he was able to block that off eventually. Again, his rolling was amazing. He would kill every time he fired his storm bolter. Although again, he did play well, except for one last mistake at the end. Running out of time, he tried to move too many terminators at once, and lost his good covering positions, so I was able to kill 2 marines and get around the back of the assault cannon so that he couldn't move fast enough and go on overwatch against two directions in time to get the the entry.

That mission took a long time. So we haven't played the rematch yet.
    Last edited by Angelic Despot; 09-24-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Veteran-Sergeant

Ok, this weekends Space Hulk madness has ended and the Hulk is decidedly conquered.

Mission I, played 5 times, Space Marines 2 wins vs Genestealers 3 wins
    Mission II, played 4 times, Space Marines 3 wins vs Genestealers 1 win
    Mission III, played 4 times, Space Marines 2 wins vs Genestealers 2 wins
    Mission IV, played 2 times, Space Marines 2 wins vs Genestealers 0 wins

Make of it what you will, it was lots of fun.

I've only played Mission I against my youngest brother, and boy was it tough. We tried both sides of the game, and both times the Genestealers won. Even without the pressure of the timer, which we intend to start using around Mission III once we've got the rules at heart, the psychological factor of seeing blips EVERYWHERE is really nerve-wrecking.

One really fun part I remember is when the Brother-Sergeant whooped 4 Genestealers in a row under Guard status. That was awesome

I think in general the genestealers win. To me that is part of the fun, cause when you play the SM you are the underdog.

Of course the dice can be cruel at times. I came upon a room with genestealers that I hit with my heavy flamer, 1 genestealer lived. Next round he made his save again and tore my heavy flamer a new one.

That was the start of the end...

Initiate

Missions 1: Genestealers/ Space Marines: 3-0
    Missions 2: Genestealers/ Space Marines: 1-1
    Missions 3: Genestealers/ Space Marines: 1-0
    Missions 4: Genestealers/ Space Marines: 2-0

I only play Genestealers so far, feel bad for my buddy. Terminators are definitely underdogs in this game.

Brother-Captain

For our first 6-7 games, the Genestealers won 75%. Lately it's been close to 50/50, though. The space marines take a bit more strategy to pull off, and it took us each 3-4 games to get the tactics down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast