BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Work related troubles

My husband has been having a lot of pressure lately that he was thinking of resigning. As a wife, I feel really bad about all the troubles he is going through in work. His subordinates has been making a lot of mistakes and of course being a superior, this is being reflected on my husband's performance. I do not want to add up to his pressure by making any side comments but I can not help it. How do I give him support by still being objective of our current situation?

I've thought long and hard on advice for this and consulted my observation notes I've made about my nuerotypical friends and brother/brothers friends and I've come up with a idea that seems to be a pattern
    Whenever they are having a hard time or someone they know is having a hard time they get some old friends over for a few drinks (not necessarily alcohol they will also just have soft drink) it seems to help them get their mind off current troubles when a old friend(s) talk about old times when things where simpler or good fun they've had in the past (high school shenanigans being high on the list) so maybe you could organise with a few of his friends for them to come over and reminisce with him to help take his mind off it
    I hope that helps im not the best with situations involving soothing someone else's mind but I've tried my hardest on this
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Chapter-Master

Distraction, and not adding pressure with things that can wait?
    Beyond that no idea.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Tricky one - especially as the 'right' thing will vary from person to person.

Whenever I'm stressed, I'll arrange a night out with friends. We'll go out, have a few drinks and see where the night takes us. Not necessarily a long drinking session, but a chance to be with people who aren't irritating me on a daily basis and just unwind. With the unwinding done, I find myself better able to focus on the things which I can change, and accept the things I can't.

Sounds like your husband can't see the wood for the trees at the moment.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Plenty of cups of tea.

I think the big thing is pressure and he will probably end up bringing the emotional baggage home with him and that can have a detrimental affect on relationships.

Trying not to be terribly sexist about it, but from my friends I have observed that women tend to tackle the problem head on and talk about it to their friends directly. Men, not so much, sat side by side watching "the game" or what have you just dropping the odd line of meaning amongst a sea of meaningless banter.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Thanks for all your thoughts. To sum up what you all said, maybe you are all saying that I should support him and do not add up anymore to the pressure. That's what I also think but sometimes, I get so worried that I reflect it on my words and actions that he thinks I am nagging again.

Just to give you an update. My husband is now cool about his work since his issues were addressed by his company. I try to be supportive as possible and I feel relieved that he is his usual self again. He is now busy contemplating about a system ([URL="http://www.versesolutions.com/cloud-quality-management-software-QMS/"]refer to this[/URL]) that they will get for the company. I just hope that everything will work out well.

I want to be the best wife I could be, but at times, my patience is really tested. I hate to say it but sometimes, I feel my husband is a lot weaker compared to other men I know (like my dad, or my brother). I do not tell this things to him but I am really frustrated from time to time.

Chapter-Master

Certainly never say that to him.
    But if the stress is off you should get back to normal
    Good Luck

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

well, I dont have any advice, but I do wish you and your husband all the best, life is difficult and knowing or saying the right thing at any given time can be exceptionally hard, but for the people that matter, its the thought and the effort that should count
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Occuli Imperator

I am pleased that things are working out
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast