BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default royal mail fails again

So after over a fortnight of driving my family crazy with " has my parcel arrived ? " when i get home from work. (this was a Christmas present to myself a few bits for an eldar project im working on.) today while i am pottering in the garden i find most of my parcel in the bottom of the dogs latest whole she has dug.( this one was only about two foot deep behind the rabbits hutch ) followed by an 20 min game of find the sprue all across the back garden. they ( the dogs ) appear to have had a great time shredding it and the rain over the last few days hadn't helped as the outer box had all but disintegrated.
    my problem with royal mail is, to get the box into my bag garden it would have to have been thrown over the 5 foot tall gate ( to keep the dogs in ) no note to say that this is where the parcel had been placed was given. luckily not to much damage to the models themselves had been done ( nothing i cant fix ) and i had even started to contact games workshop themselves to see if there had been any problems at there end with the order.
    i don't feel i can try and get replacement parts for the minor damage because it was done by my dogs in my garden technically it had been delivered to my care .

so thats my rant do any of you guys have similar delivery stories that you would care to share.

Brother-Captain

Yikes that's horrible. I've not had anything that bad happen. Only GW/Royal Mail related tale I have to tell is when I was getting into 40k a few years back. Ordered the 5th ed Space Marine codex, battalion box and a dev squad from GW Mail Order and it never arrived. Fast forward three weeks and I finally got on the phone to them to ask where it was and credit to the GW staff they were superb, apologised (even though it wasn't their fault it had gone missing) and got a replacement sent in the post which arrived the next day. And then 3 days after that the original delivery arrived finally. My army got off to a flying start especially as my FLGS was nice enough to swap the extra codex I had for store credit.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Could be worse.

Ordered two pairs of Active 3D Specs for my telly, and Day of the Doctor in 3D.

Except once again, Thiefy McCrackhead beat me to the parcel. How do I know? Local CEX has exactly my order, which they didn't when I ordered it........

Amazon sorted it out though.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

This isn't 40k general.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

my apologies still more of an understandable posting error i feel than royal mails attempt . ( the minis where 40 k though )

Occuli Imperator

No worries

There is a good clip on youtube of a certain courier that tosses a lcd tv over a fence.

Though most tales have to better than anyone who is expecting things from CityLink.

I am quite lucky my only issue I have had is with a firm called DPD they managed to lose an item on Christmas Eve.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

you mean like my gtx 970s that I've just found out might be with them ¬_¬

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I consistently have bad experiences with postal services, they drive me mad.

we once had a postman who couldn't find our house apparently, as he drove past it to the farm yard, and then left the parcel on the tow hitch of the trailer beside the barn...

we also one day had mail for three clearly different addresses with different recipients all come to our house along with our own post. so evidently three of the four are going to be wrong if you have four different names and addresses going to one location. then, as if that wasn't quite ludicrous enough, the very next day, our post went to three other houses...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Iron Father

My wife a few years back ordered me some very expensive kitchen knives. Tojiro Senkou. Folded Japanese steel. Parcel force decided to deliver them to a completely different address than our own. The occupant of the house wasn't home so the delivery driver left a collection card. Occupant of house took card to post office and pocketed my knives.
    Luckily the shop I bought them from sent us replacements, Royal Mail refused any responsibility at all. Not sure what action the shop took against Royal Mail or even if the the police were called in as suggested by myself. Still got my knives in the end......via UPS.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Once upon a time, bought some Judge Dredd comics off Ebay.

Post stashed them, in their cardboard box, round the back of the house. In very poor weather. And didn't leave a card.....took me three days to realise they were there.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast