BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

Way back in the depths of Rogue Trader the WFB world was just another planet in the 40K galaxy. In fact, some Chaos rewards were 40K weapons. More recently when the four Chaos fluff books for Fantasy were released they mentioned great Chaos warriors in each of them and had illustrations of cult Chaos Marines.

So the End Times in Fantasy might just be because of the End Times in the 40Kverse, not the other way around.

The fantasy world is at least concurrent with the 40k world, but more likely is futuristic based on old fluff. The existence of Slannesh is one thing (and her not being new.) Back around 2000-2005 when GW was still doing worldwide campaigns the prizes for the winning races were long lost relics of an ancient age consisting of armour that provided a 3+ save, a sword that ignored armor, giant fist that doubled the user's strength and a magic weapon that fired S4 AP5 shots. (Ok I don't remember what the bolter did in fantasy terms probably S4, armour piercing, multishot or something like that).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Realm of Chaos books are somewhat superseded now.

And the description of the Warrior is still veiled enough that it's not necessarily Draigo
    The only way they could make it more like Draigo is to explicitly use his name.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

that the one that fell to slaanesh?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

4chan Draigo or canon Draigo?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Battle-Brother

Not really a fan of a 40k/ fantasy crossover to be honest. I'd prefer the two universes to be separate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12