BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Will WFB and/or End Times crossover into 40K?

Recently, even the most died in the wool 40k player can't fail to have noticed the ructions regarding WFB. The End Times seems to have been a huge success - some dual players have asked if a similar thing with the failure of the Golden Throne, be repeated for 40K. There was apprently in one of the fluff pieces, descriptions of a massively powerful warrior in silver armour that I have heard several persons ascribe to be Draigo (or whichever GK it is who cruises around the eye of Terror Hood, pimp-slapping people for ever and a day).

But a couple of bits from the latest rumours are interesting:

1. Potential races 'disappearing into space' as the Warhammer world breaks up - lizardmen to 40K Slann?

2. Round bases?

So, what are the chances of cross over?

(Retro fact - the old Warhammer Siege book, written with entries for both 40K and WFB, was the last official publication to be cross compatible, with a specific points lay down of 40K-WFB at a rate of 1.25 ie 1k of 40K could fight 1250WFB.)
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

It is certainly possible Araloth was dealing with Draigo - though it's veiled enough that I was left going 'I know tha's significant, but I don't know why'..

Plus, the Eye of Terror is shown to exist in the Realm of Chaos in Warhammer Armies : Daemons of Chaos.

Crossover though? I don't see it happening. And I'm still very dubious about round bases coming to Warhammer.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

in Khaine book the wood elves meet and fight with giant silver knight that could not be defeated in the realm of chaos, obviously Kaldor Draigo. its well known that the warp breaches between the warhammer fantasy and 40k realms - read the realm of chaos books. it is said as much in there.

Realm of Chaos books are somewhat superseded now.

And the description of the Warrior is still veiled enough that it's not necessarily Draigo
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

I mentioned it on the FP article, but seeing as a lot of 40k/WFB is culled from previous writers, namely Moorcock as big example, would it not be reasonable to assume that they are now going to steal a little more of his ideas,
    first the chaos pantheon, then nature of the human forces, then the perpetuals, and now the wraparound time future-past where a medieval world harbors the advance technologies of a long forgotten age that is actually the distant yet parallel future, like the automatic weapons of the eldren...

it all worked out once before

Banned

And Sigmar was most definitely not a Primarch.

The worlds are not connected at all. Never mind that they are attacked by the same Daemons even when they fight in a different manner.

In all seriousness, 40K started out being heavily connected to Fantasy, and we have seen the staff resurrecting all sorts of old stuff lately.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    And Sigmar was most definitely not a Primarch.

The worlds are not connected at all. Never mind that they are attacked by the same Daemons even when they fight in a different manner.

In all seriousness, 40K started out being heavily connected to Fantasy, and we have seen the staff resurrecting all sorts of old stuff lately.
    And here I always thought Sigmar went into hiding and emerged later as the Emperor.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Librarian

Me and my Orks would love to Loot stuff from Fantasy and unleash that upon the universe. An Ork Warboss riding a Dread Saurian/ Carnosaur that is loaded with Dakka! While Squiggoth's are great and stuff, Having a plastic monster to mess around with is a lot easier on the hands and wallet.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    Me and my Orks would love to Loot stuff from Fantasy and unleash that upon the universe. An Ork Warboss riding a Dread Saurian/ Carnosaur that is loaded with Dakka! While Squiggoth's are great and stuff, Having a plastic monster to mess around with is a lot easier on the hands and wallet.
    Do it anyway! Sounds like a Warboss on Gazbag's Blitzbike to me!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    And here I always thought Sigmar went into hiding and emerged later as the Emperor.
    Or maybe it's the other way around... When the Emperor expended himself obliterating Horus, his soul went journeying through the Warp and manifested as a weaker Sigmar, did his thing, and then wandered off in to the Warp again looking for his body...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast