BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Yeah, it can be sad not getting reply's to your threads. So I know where you're coming from. [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?35611-Interrogator_Chaplain-s-Finished-Dark-Angels-Mechanicus-amp-Others/page4"]*AHEM*[/URL] Sorry, something on my keyboard.

FWIW, I don't usually leave comments on your threads because you can only state how much you venerate one's acute attention to detail, only so often. But also that I find the Armourcast Baneblade a tad dull, but that's hardly your fault.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    Well I've been a fortnight on Florida and no one seems to have missed any updates so it appears if I were to somehow depart this mortal coil no one would notice............ a comforting thought...................
    poke your head into the announcements board and [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?53160-A-greeting-and-a-thank-you"]check out one of the latest threads[/URL]
    I think theres plenty that follow you, but without feedback it's easy to see why you'd think that.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

God what a wienie you are Blackadder! Boohoo I didn't get any mail; poor baby.......... just goes to show don't post when you're tired and high (Martini).......Ha! Just got back from Florida last night 19 hours of driving and decided to check my threads before retiring, my apologies. Somehow I thought that post was funny last night............. and 'interrogator_chaplain' point taken.

Sorry to have been so remiss. I tend to look on my threads as informal tutorials on 'how to' scratch build techniques where someone might ask how such and such is done rather than a "Look what I can do" tour d' force. With that in mind I usually seek out similar scratch building threads almost exclusively given the short allotted time I devote to forum surfing. I've resolved be more attentive to at the very least my loyal respondents in the future.
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

Chapter-Master

lols.

That's one way to look at it. You're not the only one I've seen be disheartened by the seemingly lack of response. Just keep watching the views number go up.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Veteran-Sergeant

Almost 6,500 views on this thread alone shows just how much we love and respect you

I can honestly say I never tire of looking over your various project threads as there's always something to learn or something to marvel at (though I also easily get lost as you seem to have so many on the go at the same time!).

You keep building and posting, I'll keep on viewing.
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Quote Originally Posted by FireHazard View Post
    Almost 6,500 views on this thread alone shows just how much we love and respect you

...........(though I also easily get lost as you seem to have so many on the go at the same time!).
    Yeah I get bored easily so I have to jump around.

I hope to resume building tomorrow, much too tired today.
    "It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."

I've got 2 of the latest versions of Baneblade, magnetized up the wazoo. I've also got one of the first plastic Baneblades and an Armorcast Baneblade sitting around unassembled. I was considering selling them but I've become inspired to do a little converting. Maybe some custom super heavy tanks for my Sisters and Inquisition.

I should be able to get to it before I die.

Okay; I promise, I'll have a production post readied later today but I have to address the above post......

If you have an unassembled NIB Armorcast Baneblade I would surely consider selling it on ebay or the like as I believe they go for quite a bit more in virgin condition than the original price to an avid collector; certainly a lot more than their detailing warrants. The reason I converted mine is it was pretty poor shape when I got it so anything done improved it.

And what is the "Latest version of Baneblade?" Did I miss something?

Wow; searched "Latest version of Baneblade" and found this:

Surely someone has a lot of talent and time on his hands.

Now I see (infer) at least eight crew members and half a dozen or so free roaming servitor skulls, a bin for spent small shell casings, a lot of skulls, icon, and altars and a tech priest but I see no live ammo magazine for the big guns and no perceivable engine; what am I missing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baneblade-whole_1374141894.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	291.9 KB 
ID:	12823  
    Last edited by Blackadder; 02-17-2015 at 05:15 AM.

Appended to; "What am I missing..........."

Well the upper tread run to be sure. The artist has acknowledged that he was aware of the necessity of the upper run of tread as he shows the tread cutoff end in the front of the tank fender but then he ignores the issue and has the sponson gun server (gunner?) and some abbreviated individual smack dab in the space where the tread should be.

Then there is the question of fuel. In my reading preparing to make my version of a Landkeuzer I referred a lot to the largest produced tank (to my knowledge) the German Panzerkampfwagen VIII 'Maus'. The spec's show it carried 710 US Gallons of fuel internally and 400 gallons of fuel in the external reserve and had a battlefield range of 39 miles. BTW that works out to 185.5 feet of travel per gallon if you're interested and at top speed of 8.1 MPH. The big problem with the Maus was developing an engine powerful enough to move the tank and small enough to actually fit inside.

The artist here didn't address either the interior fuel storage 95 cubic feet or a reservoir cube size of 4.56 by 4.56 by 4.56 or appreciable space for any sort of propulsion unit.

Certainly the tiny barrels at the end of the fender couldn't carry enough fuel for more than a few miles at most. BTW note the surge baffles.........nice touch.

But it is a pretty picture......XD
    Last edited by Blackadder; 02-17-2015 at 06:36 AM.

Chapter-Master

Has GW addressed tank engines before in the fluff? I had always assumed that tech advances had lead to some alternate power source/fuel. Maybe something akin to a compact fusion reactor. Something similar to what powers marine armour only bigger/more powerful.

And I understand your pain of going between 2D and 3D artistic mediums. I always have a 'what was the artist thinking when they drew this' moment when transitioning concept art to 3D.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast