BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 8th Starter Set is Skaven and HE!

Yep! that's right folks straight off Warseer. It is it me or is this a rather strange cobination for a starter set, maybe Skaven are selling well.

Quote Originally Posted by steppingonyou View Post
    On the sprue are 3 weapons teams. they are mulitpart and awsome.
    Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    High Elf Spearmen (mould tooled). No additional info on this. Skaven Warpthrower team (3-up being scanned). Team is robed with WWI-style gas-masks.
    How convient

Quote Originally Posted by steppingonyou View Post
    If you play skaven or high elves, make room in your case for more. Also room for a book. and some nifty marker pieces.
    Looks like we have our rumours folks, fire away!

Oh and for anyone wondering what mould tooled means; it basically means that the sculptors, CAD guys or whatever, take the green of the mini and put it into the CAD software.

Veteran-Sergeant

A starter set without Dwarfs or Humans? Unheard of.

Sitting in Lonely Mountain swapping stories and recipes with Dain.

Librarian

Guess who has both of their army books.
    Fonson.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Default Yeah Right

Believe that when I see it as the Skaven are not what I call a Cornerstone race like Orc, Chaos
    Last edited by TheBitzBarn; 02-12-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Just because some random poster said they saw something doesn't make it real. I will believe it when I see it. If it's indeed High Elves/Skaven, I truly think the set will bomb miserably.

Orks/Marines worked amazing because of the popularity of the two. Neither of those armies are immensely popular at all.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, this doesn't make any sense at all. None. A Skaven/ HE pairing is about as likely as GW doing different codecies for all the Tau Septs.

Scout

god a skaven in a starter box there are so meny things wrong with that like that skaven are too complex. but that may be the point. To make so its not to slow to lerning the game on a larger scale.

Abbess Sanctorum

Neat. I'm more interested in Dwarves and Empire myself, but I think I could get into Skaven (and sell the HE on ebay).
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Neat. I'm more interested in Dwarves and Empire myself, but I think I could get into Skaven (and sell the HE on ebay).
    I love to gamble, and if you do too, Skaven are the only way to go. It adds such a ridiculous amount of humor and fun to the whole experience. Take the doomwheel for instance... I might move 3 inches, I might move 18, or I might fire of 3 str10 d6 wound shots... then explode.

Their Magic will suffer a bit without any form of errata though; but that's why Warlock Engineers are so cheap in pts. BAMF next to a unit; munch warpstone tokens; throw as many dice at a spell as you can, go for suicide.

Of course, a few wins will inevitably be attributed to "dumb luck", but what can you do? A W is a W.
    How many have fallen before you? How many have you sent below? How could you ever show pity? Is that a word that you know?

Abbess Sanctorum

Lol, kinda reminds me of second / third edition Orks in 40k...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast