BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Warmachine Warcaster guide

As someone who's just starting to get into Warmachine (Cygnar), there's plenty of resources for picking the faction that suits you best.

However, I've never found a good rundown of warcasters by faction, and choosing a warcaster is just as important as choosing a faction. What warcaster you take can have a massive effect on what other units you get.

So here's a challenge for you all: let's get a list of Warcasters, by faction, and some basics of how each warcaster plays. I imagine it will help new players like myself immensely, though I've already picked a starting caster.

On a side note, I've ordered Kara Sloan. I wanted to run a warjack heavy gunline, and lo and behold PP answered the very week I decided to start buying models.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Its certainly something that's been discussed around here, and I wouldn't rule it out. In the meantime the Cygnar forums at the Privateer Press site have some helpful reading material for you. In fact these are probably more in-depth than anything any one of us would ever want to have to write. Warcaster links are in the second box in the link.

[url]http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?t=7043[/url]

But since they don't have a tactica on Kara yet, here is the one from Battlecollege: [url]http://battlecollege.wikispaces.com/mkiikarasloan[/url]

Between those 2 places I don't really know how much else there is to cover for BoLS. Should be enough there to keep you busy reading for a while. Best of luck to you and Cygnar's latest walking gun of death.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, I found the Battlecollege site when I was looking up unit choices and such. Pretty good website.

And thanks, that's a good overview site with a bunch of info. Much appreciated.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.