BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marful View Post
    Is it just me, or is it only the characters from the Forces of Order that are really dying?

I mean, more than half the elf characters are dead, almost all of the dwarves wiped out, the slaan characters are dead, not to mention what is happening to the empire.

So, how many chaos characters died? What about Skaven and Undead? Did any actually die?
    Many Undead characters didn't survive.

Nagash saw the demise of The Lichemaster Heinrich Kemmler (blown up), Zacahrias The Eve Living (brain boiled away) and sort of Dieter Helsnicht (ate loads of Necromancer, became Guardian of Underworld).

Chaos? Glottkin got jobbed by Karl Franz empowered (currerntly in jars in Nurgle's manse)

Dark Elves? Morathi, Tyrion, Tullaris. All d.e.d....DED.

Skaven? Not finished that book yet!

There will be more before The End Times come to a close - and that's when I reckon we'll see the Butcher's Bill totted up by the bad guys as well.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Lizardman Space Telephone.

Skaven accidentally prank call Eldar!

No. Really. I'm not making that up!

What?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    What?

Skaven accidentally prank call Eldar.

It happens! The Warlock engineers then panic and wreck the thing, giving it some dakka with Warplock pistols.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Initiate

That's a pretty good list Theik, the only other things that I recall were that Ind was destroyed by the Skaven (P.38) and the Dwarves have reports that Bretonnia was completely overun by Skaven as well (P.122). And it was the city of Middenheim rather than Middenland... although I think Middenland was said to be toast, too.

There were some minor characters as I don't recall their names cropping up anywhere else: Weissburg, the current Grandmaster of the White Wolves, the steamtank Deliverance... again, and while we know Thorek is presumed quite dead, did we ever get full confirmation that Kragg the Grim was as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

Skaven accidentally prank call Eldar.

It happens! The Warlock engineers then panic and wreck the thing, giving it some dakka with Warplock pistols.
    Could you at least direct us to where that happens in the book?

During Chapter One, when the Skaven are ransacking one of the Temple Cities (City of Mists I think).

It makes mention of ancient parts of the city filled with artefacts the Lizardmen don't understand/care about.

The Warlock Engineers start mucking about with one, when suddenly, over stone speakers, a reedy voice garbles a question. Skaven freak out and smash it up, noting that the voice sounded a lot like the Elf-Things.

Skaven Prank Calls FTW!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Crafty ? I thought he was jokey, borderline idiotic. He seems much darker and intimidating now.
    That's what I meant by crafty. A saturday morning-cartoon baddie who twirled his moustache and ran away when a fight got too out of hand.

I find it strange that Chaos would ally itself with Skaven at all. I thought they thought they were beneath them.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger Rising View Post
    I find it strange that Chaos would ally itself with Skaven at all. I thought they thought they were beneath them.
    In the end, Skaven are the servants of Chaos too. The Great Horned Rat isn't quite on par with the big four (yet) but he's a very powerful daemon in his own right.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by marful View Post
    Is it just me, or is it only the characters from the Forces of Order that are really dying?

I mean, more than half the elf characters are dead, almost all of the dwarves wiped out, the slaan characters are dead, not to mention what is happening to the empire.

So, how many chaos characters died? What about Skaven and Undead? Did any actually die?
    Queek the Headtaker dies. I don't know if any other significant Skaven die, as they all look the same to me. Ikit Claw gets toasted and is forever stuck to his armor but otherwise alive. Lord Skrolk had half a moon dropped on his head, but is apparently still alive, judging by the verminking conversation in the end of the book.

Initiate

Mr Mystery is quite right. It's a Eldar swirling dial stargate/webway thing they call "the Device of the Great Beyond", from the sacking of Xlanhuapec (City of Mists). It was on page 44.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast