BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Thanquol - Spoilerific Discussion.

How do?

Just getting it set up nice and early. As with the others, expect spoilers from hereon in. No spoiler tags necessary or expected - you have been warned.

Right, first one - WD makes reference to 'Thanquol's Uprising'. Now whether this is him leading Skavendom (it's possible. The Nagash book has the Horned Rat put the willies up the Council of Thirteen, by smiting the chief Grey Seer), or perhaps Thanquol leading a Skaven rebellion of sorts (because he is Thanquol) I don't yet know!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

From the description of the books:

Inside you will find rules for mighty characters like Thanquol and his gigantic bodyguard Boneripper, the dread Verminlords and the empowered dwarf slayer king Ungrim, Incarnate of Fire.
    So, there's another incarnate, right there.

I wonder if the "new armies" will include options for Dwarfs and/or Lizardmen, not just Skaven? I'd speculate on what they'd be story-wise (to keep in line with the idea of the forum topic), but that's just speculation, not actual spoilerific discussion of facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Description of "The Rise of the Horned Rat" (novel to coincide with Thanquol):

The End Times are coming. In the warrens of Skavenblight, a new power is rising. The verminlords walk the earth and they plan to lead the skaven to their destiny as rulers of the world. But for Queek Headtaker, the only destiny that matters is his own, as he plans his final assault on Karak Eight Peaks. In the depths of that ancient city, two rival kings - the goblin Skarsnik and the dwarf Belegar - prepare to meet the onslaught. And in Karaz-a-Karak, High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer presides over what he knows, in his heart, is the end of the dwarf empire. The Horned Rat rises and nothing will ever be the same...
    Are Skarsnik and Belegar going to end up working together against the Skaven? Also, "the end of the dwarf empire?" Sounds like more big stuff happening.

Can't wait for all the novels to be softcover. I need cheaper copies and the ebooks don't "feel right" to read (I like feeling a book in my hand, flipping the pages, seeing the progress physically).

Softcover are my choice too. Mostly because I didn't start with, and have now missed out on, the hardbacks.

Could go e-book though. Would save on storage.

As for the Skaven alliance with Archaon, I can't help but wonder if Thanquol might prove Archaon's downfall? No Skaven, let alone Thanquol tend to be happy sharing power and glory.....

As for armies, I'm interested to see if there is one in this book, and if so, I really hope there's a mash up list allowing us to field the sort of rag tag armies you find in the Border Princes....that'd be cool.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Softcover are my choice too. Mostly because I didn't start with, and have now missed out on, the hardbacks.

Could go e-book though. Would save on storage.

As for the Skaven alliance with Archaon, I can't help but wonder if Thanquol might prove Archaon's downfall? No Skaven, let alone Thanquol tend to be happy sharing power and glory.....

As for armies, I'm interested to see if there is one in this book, and if so, I really hope there's a mash up list allowing us to field the sort of rag tag armies you find in the Border Princes....that'd be cool.
    I have the first couple books as e-books, but I just can't read them as well. The stories are interesting, but something about that format doesn't feel right to me. Which is odd, given that I'm a computer professional, but eh.

The Skaven could certainly be the downfall of Archaon, because I doubt the Horned Rat wants to share the world with the other Chaos Gods. So that'll be fun to watch.

One of the descriptions did mention "armies" in the book, so there's likely to be something in there, but who knows? Maybe some kind of Slayer list (again)? Though that might be rough without the extra models they threw in last time. Might even be a Thanquol-Archaon Skaven-Chaos mix... which would just be so, so wrong.

Just picked up WD, and they've done well with the collated timeline so far.

Lists the major events, but knowing what happens in Nagash, Glottkin and Khaine, they're not particularly spoilerish!

Very interested to find out what happens at Karak Eight Peaks now! And Lustria.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Very interested to find out what happens at Karak Eight Peaks now!
    After reading the one bit in the timeline, I just can't stop picturing a dwarf looking at the ruins of the Great Hall and dropping to his knees shouting, "You maniacs! You blew it up!"

Quote Originally Posted by GW What's New Today
    Warhammer: Thanquol is the fourth tome of the End Times, a two-book set packed with new background, rules, illustrations, full-page artwork, army lists, campaign rules and plenty more besides. As with the other books in the series, the first book tells the story of the End Times, starting with the brief and intensely bloody invasion of Tilea and Estalia. Having annihilated two nation-states in as many months, the Skaven set their sights on the rest of the world. Clan Pestilens take the war to Lustria, the Warlord Clans battle the Dwarfs beneath the mountains, Clan Skryre start work on a very large rocket and Grey Seer Thanquol, ambitious as ever, comes up with yet another cunning plan.
    Please.....please tell me Skryre are trying a Moon Shot for Morrislieb. Please.

They blew up the moon! Lustria's gone! Middenheim's gone! Valten is dead - but not how you expect! Ulric is gone! Ungrim Ironfist is the Incarnate of Fire, and also basically the last Dwarf king! Snikch goes mountaineering! Archaon is brooding! Thanquol gets promoted!

I have no idea where we even go from here. It's going to be big.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

And Thanquol is actually trying to play Archaon. I love that. It's just like Skaven. That "alliance" is just him trying to position his own group of Skaven to get on top of the world.

Brother-Captain

So what's the fate of the lizardmen? Wiped out with no Winds of Magic bound to them? *grimaces*
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast