BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    So what's the fate of the lizardmen? Wiped out with no Winds of Magic bound to them? *grimaces*
    Nah. The Slann protected them. Granted, the Slann got decimated in the process, but the Lizardmen survived.

I think the Lizardmen will be sticking around in Warhammer, but they probably wanted to ditch the Slann since they're all resin models and are the only non-lizard-folk models in the army. If that doesn't affect the army's balance in-game, I think most Lizardmen players will be fine with that, as long as they get to keep playing with their dinosaurs.

damn i loved the slann mage minis on there floating thrones.

Battle-Brother

Really enjoying the fact that Thanqoul is playing a huge part in the End Times.

He was such a crafty villain in the Gotrek & Felix tales.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger Rising View Post
    Really enjoying the fact that Thanqoul is playing a huge part in the End Times.

He was such a crafty villain in the Gotrek & Felix tales.
    Crafty ? I thought he was jokey, borderline idiotic. He seems much darker and intimidating now.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

And thus comes my count of the dead and dying...well...no, really just dead.

I no doubt missed a lot of lesser heroes, but I'm going to try and focus on the most important players here.

Morrslieb
    Let's start with a bang. In their most demented plot yet, the Skaven draw Morrslieb closer so they can shoot it, which causes it to break up in continent-size chunks of warpstone.

The Slann
    Not really dead, but pretty much gone, the Slann start their Exodus back into space and the vast majority of them fly off in their temples-turned-spaceships.

Lord Mazdamundi
    Lord Mazdamundi dies after overextending his magical might to try and break the meteors raining down from Morrslieb so the entire world isn't destroyed.

Venerable Lord Kroak
    Mazdamundi seems to focus on saving the other races of the world, as Lustria is still bombarded by massive meteors. Kroak sacrifices his (un)life to create forcefields around several lizardmen armies and sending them away from Lustria.

Lustria
    Lustria is pretty much destroyed by the pieces of Morrslieb raining down upon it.

Clan Pestilens
    Clan Pestilens is almost entirely decimated as they were the clan responsible for the war in Lustria.

Nuln
    Nuln is completely destroyed by Thanquol's forces. Only the elector countess and several of her royal guard manage to escape the destruction.

Altdorf
    Altdorf never gets time to recover from the Glottkin's attack and is overrun by skaven. Valten and Gregor lead a very loud breakthrough towards the North, giving the Emperor and much of the civilian population a chance to escape southwards while the Skaven are too busy chasing north.

All Dwarven holds safe Karaz-a-Karak
    From what I can tell, every dwarven hold besides Karaz-a-Karak falls to the Skaven and greenskin.

Belegar Ironhammer
    Apparently getting a new miniature is a death-sentence. Doesn't look like trying to recapture Eight Peaks was a very good idea.

Boris Todbringer
    Middenland's elector count leads an ill-fated sortie into the Drakwald to finally kill his one-eyed nemesis. He manages to slay Khazrak in single combat, but is then torn asunder by the remaining beastmen.

Khazrak One-Eye
    Slain by Boris Todbringer in single combat

Ulric
    Nope, just when you thought it was safe to be a god again, Teclis stabs you in the back. Teclis sucks the fires of the Flame of Ulric into his staff, dooming Ulric to death. As a last attempt at aiding his city, Ulric binds his spirit to Gregor.

Valten
    New models get you killed, but apparently so do new rules. Valten is beaten by Archeon in single combat, but before Archeon can claim the deathblow a Verminlord killsteals him and runs off with the experience.

Malagor the Dark Omen
    Malagor is shot out of the sky by the Ulric-empowered Gregor with a spear of ice.

Gregor Martak
    The end-times have been a seriously bad time for the Colleges of Magic. Gregor, despite being infused with the power of Ulric, is slain in combat by Archeon while attempting to avenge Valten, leaving the Colleges of Magic once again leaderless.

Middenland
    After Gregor and Valten have fallen, the city of Middenland is quickly lost and completely defiled by Archeon's forces.

Queek Headtaker
    Hoping to claim the head of High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer, Queek challenges him to single combat and is rewarded by being strangled to death.

High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer
    After the battle, Thorgrim climbs up to his usual spot to survey the land, only to be backstabbed by Deathmaster Snikch.

Karaz-a-Karak itself?
    The very last page has Thanquol watching in a scryglobe as Snikch paints arcane runes on the floor after killing Thorgrim. According to the Verminking, this will allow the Verminlord's to gain entry into the throneroom and the skaven to surge out into Karaz-a-Karak. Its final fate, however, is left undetermined.

Phew, that's a lot of dead people.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

vakten doesn't have a new model, they just re-did the storm of chaos one
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Lizardman Space Telephone.

Skaven accidentally prank call Eldar!

No. Really. I'm not making that up!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    vakten doesn't have a new model, they just re-did the storm of chaos one
    Yeah, he said that not only does a new model do you in (referencing his comment with one of the guys above), but new rules (which Valten *did* get).

Is it just me, or is it only the characters from the Forces of Order that are really dying?

I mean, more than half the elf characters are dead, almost all of the dwarves wiped out, the slaan characters are dead, not to mention what is happening to the empire.

So, how many chaos characters died? What about Skaven and Undead? Did any actually die?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Yeah, he said that not only does a new model do you in (referencing his comment with one of the guys above), but new rules (which Valten *did* get).
    oh ok, I miss comprehended that statement. thought he was being sarcastic about having a new model = protection from the GW armegeddon
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast