BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Theik View Post
    Ikit Claw gets toasted and is forever stuck to his armor but otherwise alive.
    Since he was almost completely dependent on it anyway, that's just a day in the life of Ikit Claw.

So, I've finally done a proper read-through of Thanquol. I like it! I'd initially missed some details; first one that comes to mind is that Thorgrim - or, at least, the Throne of Power - briefly became host to the Wind of Metals. It left him after he killed Queek. Do the Lores have a will of their own? (Probably.) Can they take multiple hosts? (Certainly!)

The other one is people yelling about "oh all the lizardmen are gone!" - no. The Slann and some of their chosen attendants blasted off into space. A lot of the rest (presumably including some remaining Slann?) were protected in force-fields by Kroak, lifted out of the conflagration and sent "across the horizon". I wouldn't be surprised if they land somewhere in the Old World.

Likewise, Bretonnia. We're suffering from a lack of clear, reliable information about Bretonnia. The line people have jumped on is that Bretonnia is "overrun by Skaven". Firstly, "overrun" doesn't mean "destroyed". It's just... full of Skaven. Well, where isn't in this book? Secondly, it's explicitly noted that this is news from "less reliable sources". We still have Gilles and the Grail Knights to deal with, and there's the survivors from Louen's Crusade with the Emperor. So don't count out the Bretonnians just yet.

I wonder about Valten. Who or what was he? Is he gone for good...? Will Karl Franz ever get his hammer back!? The real one, I mean, not the one made out of pure lightning zappy-zaps.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 02-14-2015 at 12:42 PM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

I get the impression Metal left the throne after one of the chumps carrying it dropped it. I'm not sure the Lores have a will of their own as such, they just seem to be seeking out hosts that are kindred spirits.

As for Valten, I think he was just what he is described as; the Herald of Sigmar. A bloke given special favour by Sigmar, but definitely not a reincarnation or anything like that. He bows to KFA and acknowledges him as the chosen of Sigmar.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Ah, yeah. I'd forgotten the dropping: y'could be right there!

I wonder if Valten's not kind of a red herring, yeah.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234