BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    When? you mean when he talks about it being 9th edition and year zero? See where he CALLS it 9th edition? thats the part where you realise that its a new edition

Or how about Darnok, he's got a track record almost as good as harry's and he's is calling it a new edition as well.
    Thought I responded to this, evidentally didn't. May have wound up in the wrong thread.

Anyways - this is the bit I'm referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    I have been around and around with this in my head ..... the only thing that makes any sense to me at the end of the day is that 8th edition is complete enough and robust enough to endure a bit longer and 9th edition will not be a complete new edition of the rules .... but an alternative background and rules with which to play post End times battles but you still need the core rules to play A bit like all the stuff in Strom of Magic was an add on to the existing rules. The core rules and books will still exist for those that want to remain stuck in the timeline but if you want to be down with the cool kids you really need to buy the new post End Times stuff.
    It's partly speculation, but the main part of his quote in the 9th Ed Round Up refers to 2104 being 'Year Zero', and also contains earlier, not entirely accurate rumours (such as there only being the three books).

From that, I think we can infer the quote above is more recent rumblings.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Yeah, but I don't think they're that conniving or anything. I feel it's more likely someone just slipped up. They like to play things so close that not even their own employees know what's around the bend.

Heck, I'm amused by the local manager's guess that it might just be a special set of campaign rules for fighting in Lustria. Not sure how that'd work, but hey, it sounds better than speculating that the game is going to drastically change in a way that might piss off a lot of his customers.
    That would seem possible. The 4th book does mention about Jungle fighting rules. Maybe the round bases are easier to move around in the jungle terrain.
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Dunno.

Lustria book had jungle fighting rules (half the time you were very literally fighting the jungle), and that didn't require round bases?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Dunno.

Lustria book had jungle fighting rules (half the time you were very literally fighting the jungle), and that didn't require round bases?
    Not offically. But maybe they ended finding it easier to use round bases after that book came out. Who knows?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Thought I responded to this, evidentally didn't. May have wound up in the wrong thread.
    Yeah I'd seen your response already dont know where it went
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Dunno.

Yeah, there weren't round bases, because that wouldn't make sense. Why would you buy new models just to put them on round bases, which you couldn't really use in regular games of WFB?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Yeah, there weren't round bases, because that wouldn't make sense. Why would you buy new models just to put them on round bases, which you couldn't really use in regular games of WFB?
    So GW could get more money from us?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234