BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just gonna say, whirling death for orcs and goblins has round bases in them. It wouldnt suprise me to see monsters and larger models in genral turn to round bases, but I can't see the change for genral rank and file troops go to round considering the amount of work it will take gw to repackage everything with round aswell as the player to rebase everything.

Hyperbolic much?
    My hobby blog: http://marcraleyminiatures.blogspot.com

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Because I screwed up and got a little post happy, if one of the mods would like to move or delete the posts it would be appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

Thats not what was being said in the other threads, wasn't it "GW wouldnt be that stupid I dont believe this rumour"
    Both can be true at the same time.

Overall, I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Involving round bases doesn't necessarily mean square bashing is out. So far we have some rumours (including the normally reliable Harry), and a single image showing two large kits on the oval bases.

We're missing a lot. We don't know how they're being implemented, or to what extent. It could be anywhere from 'lol, rebase or quit', up to 'some units will be able to use round bases for reasons, others have to deploy in ranks'. Too far out to tell.

If we are to find out in June/July, I'd say it's a safe bet whatever is happening is now set, rather than still playtesting, simply because of print run times and that.

I'm intrigued.

I still don't think we'll see the end of Warhammer as it is now, simply because there's gamers out there with very large, very loved armies. With the current edition, we can use them to our heart's content. Instead I think we're seeing an addition to the Warhams pot, in the way Apocalypse did for 40k, just the other way around, and I expect it to be something we can play with existing forces as well. Plus, all those massive big End Times models? Yeah I don't see them (hi Nagash, Mr 1,000 points in his pants) being invalidated with months of their release.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I still don't think we'll see the end of Warhammer as it is now, simply because there's gamers out there with very large, very loved armies. With the current edition, we can use them to our heart's content. Instead I think we're seeing an addition to the Warhams pot, in the way Apocalypse did for 40k, just the other way around, and I expect it to be something we can play with existing forces as well. Plus, all those massive big End Times models? Yeah I don't see them (hi Nagash, Mr 1,000 points in his pants) being invalidated with months of their release.....
    People say that, but it was pointed out in a local gaming club's Facebook page that you pretty much never see anyone playing older editions of games. Heck, anyone could download Mordheim right now and play it using WFB models, but people don't because the rules are no longer in the stores (and with GW stores, that means you can't play it there, technically).

I would think they wouldn't get rid of the ET models that soon, mainly because of the production costs involved, but with their price point, it's possible they made a solid profit off of them. But they'd have to have some reason to do some, something that would take their place and that people would "need" to buy.

Knowing GW, the change to an oval base is just an excuse to raise the price on an old kit...

Even if the game moves to round bases and a more skirmish style I think GW will state that you can base them on square bases if you wish. Using square bases in a round base game doesn't cause the kind of problems that using round bases in a square based game would.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    People say that, but it was pointed out in a local gaming club's Facebook page that you pretty much never see anyone playing older editions of games. Heck, anyone could download Mordheim right now and play it using WFB models, but people don't because the rules are no longer in the stores (and with GW stores, that means you can't play it there, technically).

I would think they wouldn't get rid of the ET models that soon, mainly because of the production costs involved, but with their price point, it's possible they made a solid profit off of them. But they'd have to have some reason to do some, something that would take their place and that people would "need" to buy.
    If what is forthcoming proves to be a new Edition of Warhammer. There's hints and suggestions amongst the rumours it might simply be an expansion type affair - something which sits alongside the well known Warhammer. And to me that makes more sense.

As have often been pointed out, Warhammer can appear to have a high entry requirement of models, and the game loses much of it's appeal at smaller points values.

Just sort of makes sense to have it as two games using the same model range. Lord of the Rings and War of the Ring are both vastly underrated as games, and do just that. Their game mechanics share the same sort of similarities as Warhammer and 40k do, but with enough differences they still offer different gaming experiences. So there is precedent for two games sharing a single range.

The most out there rumours say a bunch of stuff (much of which has only recently been updated) is being binned. That just makes bugger all sense.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    If what is forthcoming proves to be a new Edition of Warhammer. There's hints and suggestions amongst the rumours it might simply be an expansion type affair - something which sits alongside the well known Warhammer. And to me that makes more sense.

As have often been pointed out, Warhammer can appear to have a high entry requirement of models, and the game loses much of it's appeal at smaller points values.

Just sort of makes sense to have it as two games using the same model range. Lord of the Rings and War of the Ring are both vastly underrated as games, and do just that. Their game mechanics share the same sort of similarities as Warhammer and 40k do, but with enough differences they still offer different gaming experiences. So there is precedent for two games sharing a single range.

The most out there rumours say a bunch of stuff (much of which has only recently been updated) is being binned. That just makes bugger all sense.
    Of course its a new edition. Just like 7th isnt 6.5 but instead a new edition.

These are the same arguments people made then. That somehow printing a new rulebook wouldnt change anything. Its BS
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

would it be the end of the world if they did choose to put them on round basis... you do know 25mm round basis still work on movement trays as normal hell I know because I use my daemons that way also to tell a targets side from front to back is pretty easy...
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast