BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

Taking a cue from the Ancient Greek aphorism "know thyself" I redirected the scope and scale of the Spartan Vignette. The whole project was inspired by the amazing artwork of Dan Dussault that was used in the rulebook. The complete picture here is from his Deviant Art page where you can find some inspirational work!

And here is the latest WIP.

I should have kept the source material closer as I managed to blow the angles on the hands and head lasers! Yikes! I may have another go at the hands before it's all done but we'll see.

The left hand looks really fuzzy from where I have to alter it heavily after it came off the sprue. I managed to get the fingers too long and the shape was way off from what I wanted.

And some additional angles.

Spartan #2 is less dramatic as it's cobbled together from test pieces. I decided to upgrade the hands by modeling one to be pointing while the other is balled into a fist. (There is a little detail work to do on the fist so it has an unnatural look in the photos.)

After a little detail work these one should be ready to walk off the assembly line and head over to paint!

And here are both of them next to one out of the box for comparison.

Happy Monday everyone!
    Last edited by 40kGamer; 02-09-2015 at 08:26 AM.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123