BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Honestly, if the tournament allows commissioned armies to be entered in painting, why shouldn't someone enter? Is it all that different from winning a tournament with a netlist rather than one you designed yourself?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    Honestly, if the tournament allows commissioned armies to be entered in painting, why shouldn't someone enter? Is it all that different from winning a tournament with a netlist rather than one you designed yourself?
    I put a lot of effort into painting so I draw great satisfaction from taking down commissioned armies. Not many people are willing to pay $ for top conversion and artwork anywho.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Sounds like the textbook definition of 'pay to win' to me.

Just be honest about it.

Seriously - smallish placard stating who painted your force shown at every game. If you win an award, big them up.

Whilst it's not something I'd do, there's nothing wrong with using a commission painter.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Daemon-Prince

90% of armies i have seen going to events are pro-painted..........................So they get full points on it....Kinda think its unfair but what can ya do?
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

I would have to agree with most of the replies here. It should fall on the organisers on if it is a fair entry. However, I think that in the spirit of friendly competition, the Owner of the model shouldn't put a model that wasn't painted by their hand. Unless, of course they are submitting it for the painter and the prize and all winnings go to them.

Initiate

You might as well go out and buy a trophy. I've withdrawn from comps for allowing commissioned pieces, unless the artist is there.

What about building your army? I'm not even talking about pro-conversion, just some one else building your basic infantry guys.

Brother-Sergeant

Most of the tournaments I've played in locally have gone to "favorite army" instead of "best painted".

Each player votes for his/her top 3 armies and whoever gets the most votes wins.
    Please visit my 40k Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Da40kOrks

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    Putting a bought army on the table requires no skill, just a certain amount of disposable income. A poor or even mediocre general still at least has to be able to use the netlist properly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast