BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Okey i always wondered why daemons without range weapons have a BS stat?

Bloodthirster BS 10
    Herald of Khorne BS 7
    Bloodletters BS 5
    Bloodcrushers BS 5

The only reason I can ever see there BS being used is with fortifications but other then that is this just a means to mess with khorne by saying "hey khorne here's a really good BS statline but no range weapons for you" *tzeench dickary at its finest*

Wile the soul grinder has a BS of 3
    Last edited by Xaric; 01-08-2015 at 01:41 AM.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Brother-Captain

Nearly every Khorne character has a whip of some kind that is either 6" or 12" range that operates as a ranged weapon. As for the others, ask GW. You can email them at any time.

The Soul Grinder itself is not a daemon. It is a machine that has been fused with daemonic flesh and spirit. If a Soul Grinder were a "full" daemon without a heretek putting its legs on for it, then you'd probably see them with higher stats.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

You mean lash of khorne? that explains the bloodthirster but about the soul grinder its just that its made for shooting but it has a BS of 3 wile most of khorne units are mostly melee lacking a range weapon
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

For fluff purposes.

Also for when there's an aegis defence line nearby. Unless it's been FAQd that they can't use them and I've missed that. Which is entirely possible.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    For fluff purposes.
    Mostly this. There's an ancient, low quality video of Andy Chambers explaining that it didn't make sense to them that super-badass creatures would have every stat high except ballistic skill.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Also heralds can get weapons through lesser or greater rewards and a HoK is just an upgraded bloodletter so it would be silly to have a BS on the herald but not the rank & file that he came from just because the codex at the moment doesnt give them the option to carry a gun.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    For fluff purposes.

Also for when there's an aegis defense line nearby. Unless it's been FAQd that they can't use them and I've missed that. Which is entirely possible.
    I think it is for being able to shoot Fortification Weapon Emplacements (e.g. Icarus Lascannon with Aegis Defense Line, or Imperial Bastion, etc). What would be the point of buying those Buildings or Debris if your army could not use them?
    Models with a BS of 0 could not operate the weapons systems.

I don't see anything in any of the FAQ/Errata's to limit Daemons from using weapon emplacements.
    Last edited by JMichael; 01-08-2015 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling

There were models with a high bs and no gun long before fortifications existed. As was stated, it is a fluff thing, why would a demon made of the very essence of warfare not know how to use a firearm, even if it didn't have one.

Brother-Sergeant

It's purely for fluff purposes - I found out my second ed Chaos Codex (c.1996) and the Bloodthirsters Stat line is M6 WS10 BS10 S8 T7 W10 I8 A10 Ld10 back then the whip was another CC weapon but now it has a range.