BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    Ohh so this is the take away from the Chapterhouse dealy.

Thanks dude. Didn't know that little bit aboot it.
    yes and no, they were still too lazy to produce female models and too temper tantrum to just copy and paste the rules. so yes they are pretty bad with gender representation these days, but they weren't always as bad and had been at one point making big strides forward
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

Interesting point about the CHS outcome.

Is an all female faction going to have female hobbyist springing out of the wood work? The Sisters have been a faction since 2nd and they don't seem to have had that effect. Female hobbyists seem to just as varied in their preferences as male ones. What I find really strange though is the absence of female Guard models anymore, the ones they did were pretty good and the other the non imperial/ space marine factions are no gender or mixed gender models. It would really only take a female head sprue for plastic cadians and they'd be good to go.

It would be all down to GW deciding that the likely revenue would exceed expenditure. Who knows though AoS' radical departure from their usual model may suggest GW has become a little less risk adverse.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Would it suddenly bring hordes of wimmins? Doubtful.

But, it would make the game more accessible to them, as right now the various races are quite the sausagefest for the most part. And the more people seen to be playing your game, the more others are exposed, and the more likely the spectator will become the participant, and so on. That's pretty much the entire reason GW has their own stores!

Plus, it would be nice to see a non 'five tissue fantasy' take on female warriors in modern scifi gaming. I know infinity has some female sculpts - though if they look like their take on Joan of Arc, who appears to have had a large wedge inserted into her pelvis, they're not terribly realistic!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Yeah, i love my Haqqislam but the women models are really cheesecakey, the women from the Nomads straight off stopped me looking at the game for a long time

Brother-Captain

Yeah I'm being overly verbose just trying to evidence that I believe GWs customer demographics are more down to social factors rather than product ones (and SoB have never been much of a cash as they are). Also the current Cadians with head swaps are perfect for female models. In fact their body armour does resemble what is currently available to accomadate certain bust sizes.

And more on topic I saw this ;

Of course, other stocks also hold considerable appeal and, while GlaxoSmithKline is an obvious choice, there are strong returns on offer elsewhere. For example, miniature figurine and games manufacturer Games Workshop (LSE: GAW) has seen its share price rise by over 5% yesterday after releasing impressive results for its most recent financial year.

In fact, Games Workshop delivered an increase in pretax profit, with it rising from £12m in the previous year to over £16m last year. That’s an excellent gain when you consider that a weak Euro had a negative impact on the company’s sales and, with consumer confidence in the single-currency region also coming under pressure, it was a double blow for the Warhammer games producer. Still, dividends are on the up and, at its present price of 557p, Games Workshop yields a very enticing 6.3%. Furthermore, it trades on a P/E ratio of just 13.9, which indicates that a rerating potential is on the cards

Source;
    [url]http://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2015/07/29/are-hardy-oil-gas-plc-and-games-workshop-group-plc-more-appealing-buys-than-glaxosmithkline-plc/[/url]

Quite interesting considering GW is effectively owned by investment companies.

Tom Kirby is still at it:

"The Great Master Plan continues: cutting costs, becoming more efficient, providing excellent returns on capital and paying dividends. We do not set out to pay dividends, we set out to run an efficient company that uses money wisely. We know we are doing that well when we have more money than we need; this becomes your dividend."

"The visitor centre is a cathedral of miniatures with the world’s largest and most spectacular diorama. Only £7.50 and a day you will remember all your life."

A "cathedral of miniatures?" Really?

"The new Warhammer is new. The Stormcast Eternals now bestride the universe and nothing will be the same again. Not even the front of our building. Buy Warhammer: Age of Sigmar when you come to the visitor centre or the AGM, and see what we have done."

So... new is new? Hmm. Who would have expected that? Also, how bad can things be when you have to try to push people to buy your new game in your investor report?

"As I write the world is tumbling in chaos around us. Pundits discover they cannot predict elections, the Americans ride to the rescue of world football (thank you, Uncle Sam), Sunderland escape relegation, again, the UK will split up into its consistent parts, it will leave Europe; and yet we struggle on. Babies get born, the rain falls the sun shines and the plants grow, our chickens keep laying, and Games Workshop still employs over 1,500 people, supporting 1,500 families all over the globe, making the best miniatures money can buy, providing one of the best investments in our owners' portfolios, and having a great deal of fun doing it."

Wow. Thanks for taking the time in an investor report to insult other nations, Kirby. And it's such a great investment in the portfolio that, even with the bump from the report showing profit "increase" (because of no one-time webstore cost), the stock is -39 from a year ago.

And I'm not sure how much stock I'd put in a company that's only staying profitable because it's been cutting costs faster than it's been losing sales (especially as the increasing cost of its products suggests volume of sales is down).

Brother-Captain

Yeah I think you're being a little sensitive there he's actually having a little joke about the fact it was the U.S. who actually did something about FIFA corruption and it is a little amusing considering the U.S.'s perceived ambivalence for the game. He's probably also referencing the very successful Ladies World Cup that was both held and won by the U.S.A

Warhammer World is and always has been great. If you do make it over here you should go. The only problem is that it's in Notingham which isn't the greatest English city by a long chalk(I had the misfortune of having to live there for a bit) It is in England though so we're not talking Baltimore or anything.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Wow. Thanks for taking the time in an investor report to insult other nations, Kirby. And it's such a great investment in the portfolio that, even with the bump from the report showing profit "increase" (because of no one-time webstore cost), the stock is -39 from a year ago.
    As pointed out, this is not an insult - he is actually being complimentary. Have you ever heard of that cliché where men speak to Cosmopolitan magazine and tell them how to work out what a man is thinking?

One of the pieces goes like this: 'If a man says something to you that can be taken in 2 ways, and one makes you happy, and one makes you sad, take it that he meant to make you happy.

I really have no idea why you have anything to do with any GW based gaming - commenting, reading, surfing websites, playing, paying.

It just seems to aggravate you.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    Yeah I think you're being a little sensitive there he's actually having a little joke about the fact it was the U.S. who actually did something about FIFA corruption and it is a little amusing considering the U.S.'s perceived ambivalence for the game. He's probably also referencing the very successful Ladies World Cup that was both held and won by the U.S.A.
    Spot on, John Oliver has done several nice spots on FIFA. I find it hilarious in this one when he says that he doesn't know what's more surprising... that FIFA officials were actually arrested or that America was behind it. He goes on to say that it takes the country that cares the least about football to bring down the people that have been ruining it.

My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    Yeah I think you're being a little sensitive there he's actually having a little joke about the fact it was the U.S. who actually did something about FIFA corruption and it is a little amusing considering the U.S.'s perceived ambivalence for the game. He's probably also referencing the very successful Ladies World Cup that was both held and won by the U.S.A

Warhammer World is and always has been great. If you do make it over here you should go. The only problem is that it's in Notingham which isn't the greatest English city by a long chalk(I had the misfortune of having to live there for a bit) It is in England though so we're not talking Baltimore or anything.
    In the context, I feel it was likely meant as sarcasm.

I'm not saying WW isn't bad (though I'd only visit if I have like two weeks in the country, because there's other, better stuff to visit for my time, like castles, battlefields, and pubs), just that using the word "cathedral" is a bit much, like suggesting it's a holy experience or something.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast