BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Red face Help needed; List of 2014 releases (?)

Hi Bols gamers,

This is Harbinger Rising. New member and need some help.

I have been out of the picture for over a whole year now and whoa, have I missed out on a megaton of GW goodness.

Due to a new job, I had to completely distance myself from the hobby for all of 2014. More relaxed now and I can jump back into gaming again. Just browsing the GW site, the website has changed, new models, codexes etc, I am completely confused.

Did a whole new edition drop? I have a lot of catching up to do. The last release I followed was the 6th edition Tyranids release this time last year, January. The one with the new plastic Haruspex and Hive guard.

I would much appreciate it if some kind folks would bring me up to speed with every release since Tyranids (Jan 2014), from new models and codexes to supplements, box-sets, limited edition products, etc.

I think Imperial Guard came next, or maybe the plastic Hellbrute upgrade?

I appreciate it might take ages typing it up but I just want to make sure I haven’t missed anything. Or for that matter, look like a muppet who has lived with his head in the sand for ages when I go back to GW on saturday.

Cheers for your time, happy gaming guys!

Harbinger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Occuli Imperator

GW went from a monthly release schedule to a weekly one, that is 52 drops you missed, not including the advent calendar.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Welcome back. yes there has been a lot of things released over the last year, I'll list what I can remember biased on how I think that it has affected the game.

firstly 7th ed arrived, although rules wise it is closer to a 6.5ed but it overhauled how psykic powers work and tided up a few things, and had an impact on force organisation
    second big change: knights a codex of two super heavies meant to be played in standard 40k
    Formations: the codexs in 7th have had some special formations. there have also been some tyranid dataslates with formations.
    Tyranids, Guard, Orks, Space wolves, Greyknights, Dark Eldar and Blood angels have been updated (and rumors say Necrons are round the corner)
    Guard where renamed Astra Miliatrum, they have a side codex Militarum Tempestus which is basically codex stormtroopers.
    there where a couple of mini campaign books between codex releases.
    Tyranids got a second wave of models with the Tyranid vs Blood angels mini campaign book, most notibly a drop pod equivalent (I can't be bothered looking up how it is spelt)

Chaplain

Go back to the Games Workshop Website and look up the What's New Today page.
    There is a calendar search facility attached.
    Just go to the date you last recognise the releases from and follow the page through to the present date.
    It's all there, complete with photographs, illustrations, videos and fluff.

If you don't feel like trawling through a year's worth of articles, you could just read one: in White Dwarf Weekly #48 there's a retrospective look at the releases of 2014.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    GW went from a monthly release schedule to a weekly one, that is 52 drops you missed, not including the advent calendar.
    I'm now beginning to realise this. Of all the years I took a break from the hobby, pretty ironic. Listen guys, thanks for the pointers. A lot more up to speed now.

@ Reldane: Thanks for all the info in your post, buddy. I like the new IG name change. It suits the theme & setting.

@ Pssyche: I have done so, thanks. Certain aspects of the new website I find really irritating.

@ Houghten: Nice tip, thanks. I'll check it out.