BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default NMM on the legs what am i missing?

I tried to copy this guide [url]http://eurekaminiature.blogspot.com.es/2013/12/non-metallic-metal-o-nmm-tutorial.html[/url]
    However when i see my miniatures (just the legs for now) i find that it seems that i am missing something i am not getting the "metallic" look i am searching for.
    Any advice on what i could do to make this turquoise NMM look a bit more metallic?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
    NMM on the legs what am i missing?
    An upper body perhaps?

Seriously, as a basic start, I think they do give a good sheen. If you have a blue ink (not wash, but ink, watered down a tad) that could possibly give you the right sheen.

John M.

Chapter-Master

You need much more extreme contrasts. The shadows should be very dark, and the highlights should do all the way to white. Otherwise it won't look like there's any light reflecting off your metal and it won't look right. The top photo looks good, it's the other angles where the transition seems off.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You need much more extreme contrasts. The shadows should be very dark, and the highlights should do all the way to white. Otherwise it won't look like there's any light reflecting off your metal and it won't look right. The top photo looks good, it's the other angles where the transition seems off.
    Agree that you should really crank up the contrasts to get the look you are shooting for. It's a lot of work!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	12342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0136.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	12343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0138.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	12344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0139.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	12345
    Tried to give it a bit more contrast, but i don´t know if it´s enough. Should i dial the contrast up even more or is this enough?
    Last edited by Gridlock; 01-16-2015 at 08:36 PM.