BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Deamon Hunters Armoury

I know the Deamon hunters book is horribly outdated and probably not even viable (since you really cant buy any of the figs for it anymore) but, how does one treat the gear that is no longer rules valid. I.E. the teleport homer? One no longer uses a template for deep striking so......Is all the outdated war gear useless or what?

Is there an Updated FAQ/Errata?

Daemonhunters are still available- the witchhunters box sets are being pulled back. Grey Knights etc. are all fully stocked at my local GW stores... they're a FUN army; not the most competitive, but a blast to play.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
    I know the Deamon hunters book is horribly outdated and probably not even viable (since you really cant buy any of the figs for it anymore) but, how does one treat the gear that is no longer rules valid. I.E. the teleport homer? One no longer uses a template for deep striking so......Is all the outdated war gear useless or what?

Is there an Updated FAQ/Errata?
    The issue with the GK FAQs/Errata is that they never actually answer some of the weird questions that come up regarding which parts of the book are considered "real" when it comes to army list design.

I don't have the codex in front of me, but most of the stuff still works if the wording references current rules. Some weapons like Force Weapons have their own rulings which can cause all sorts of arguments.

Brother-Captain

If you use the Adepticon FAQ, most of the wargear still functions (like the teleport homer). The updated rules are in the pdf.

in competitive games there ist a problem with outdated rules, as long as they aren't faq'ed... but as long as you play with friends it is not really difficult to make things like teleport homers work with the new rules.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by athanor View Post
    Daemonhunters are still available- the witchhunters box sets are being pulled back. Grey Knights etc. are all fully stocked at my local GW stores... they're a FUN army; not the most competitive, but a blast to play.
    The DH codex is missing from the GW site, just like the WH one. At least, last time I check.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    If you use the Adepticon FAQ, most of the wargear still functions (like the teleport homer). The updated rules are in the pdf.
    Bingo.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

the adepticon faq isnt valid for any tourment outside their own so id use the gw faq and ask any local event what they plan to use

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by rle68 View Post
    the adepticon faq isnt valid for any tourment outside their own so id use the gw faq and ask any local event what they plan to use
    Well, a lot of tournaments do use the Adepticon FAQ. This may or may not be true of his local tournament.

However, the point is that GW FAQ's don't answer numerous pertinent questions arising from the DH Codex that the Adepticon FAQ does.

I would recommend bringing a copy of the Adepticon FAQ along, just in case. It's better to have the ability to let the judge at the tourney decide the matter, rather than run into a situation and spend 30 minutes pouring over the rulebooks, only to realize there is no good resolution.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.