BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should CSM get a razorback?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! They need it.

17 41.46%
  • No! They're traitors!

15 36.59%
  • Who cares? I'm a Necron.

9 21.95%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    it also lacks inertial guidance

They are a decent tool, but they dont really allow us to run different lists like the drop pod does, at most they offer another deployment option for one or two units if desired. which is pretty small benefit at that price
    Fair enough. *nods*
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Chaos Dreadclaw Drop Pod - has frag assault launchers on it allowing a dreadnought/hellbrute inside it to assault after deep striking. All models that are within 3 + D3 inches of the impact sight get hit with a S6 AP5 hit and all vehicles that are hit take that hit on their weakest front. And any unit it would direclty land upon, before moving to settle down for deployment, takes D6 attacks of the same profile mentione before. It's a Fast Attack choice, but then again at century-worth of points it's not a bad deal imho.

Then again, if they would give us the ability to transport regular CSM or infantry in the Kharybdis that would be nice.
    And because they lack inertial guidance, what happens if the D6 S6 AP5 hits doesn't destroy whatever is underneath it? I cannot begin to tell you how many times I've had a deep striking unit scatter onto something that forces a mishap only to roll a 1 on that cursed f***ing table!

If it doesn't have Inertial Guidance or "Doesn't Scatter when Deep Srtriking" I don't even bother with it anymore.

Librarian

Honestly, as one of the most ornery Chaos players out here, I don't think they should get a Razorback.

I'd rather see them get some sort of crawling mutated weapon battery, or some new cultist tank that we haven't seen yet.

The fewer things that Chaos has in common with Space Marines, the better, in my opinion. We have Rhinos, Land Raiders, Predators, Vindicators, and we don't really need any more of those 'Space Marine tanks with spikey bits' sorts of kits.

If you want to play a recently-fallen Chapter or something, just use the Space Marine codex and add spikey stuff to your vehicles. You'll have the whole range of Space Marine tools.

The Chaos that I fell in love with is devoted wholly to Chaos and has no qualms about using weird, mutated monsters with guns for faces. Beyond that, honestly, a Razorback would be more of a tactical liability in the hands of Chaos anyway. Once a big gun like that runs out of ammo, do you put more ammo into it, or give that ammo to the stronger Predator, gut the weapon, and put more berzerkers into the new Rhino you have? Simplicity on the battlefield is key to Chaos strategy for one reason: they don't have the same refueling and resupplying ability that Space Marines have. Razorbacks are a fusion between two other tanks that do their individual jobs just fine, so having something 'in between' to maintain just seems costly.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

thats why I suggest something like a 10 man assault ramp transport. would really really help us out a lot to play like they seem to want us too
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    That would be fine as long as it doesn't look like a idiotic ******* dinobot... :/
    But I love the dinobots...

There's Punchy and Shooty, and also Plasmy, I guess.

universality. its a common concept in technological development pathways.
    one side ups wood to stone; one side ups stone to bronze; one side ups bronze to iron. etc.....

as a 'game' it makes no sense that a 'utility' cannot be taken for the same 'points' - give or take - by either side.

not advocating 'chess 40k' . but fairness for equipment and utility selection. !

for example: tau and eldar can still generally get 'homer' beacons and so can marines and necrons maybe! [not seen new dex]
    but csm and DE cant ? {but used to ?}

eldar and tau have st 7 ap2/3/4 coming out of their ears [pointy or otherwise] but plasma is still 'gets hot' - really !
    ork rokkit launchers are safer to use. [ever fired one - you really wouldnt volunteer sub extremis]

flamers are amazingly effective but dont ever 'blow' up - really ! [nb: i really miss my locks with auto-destructorz]

eldar war walkers get a 5+ IV - but other eldar vehicles cant even buy the same abiity, demon forged type walkers / vehicles get a 5 + demon save but 'marine' ewalkers cant have it -even though some 'orcz' can can can !

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456