BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Stormhammer Cannon, Twin Battlecannon, and on the flanks about abajillion Heavy Bolters, which can be upgraded.

Will explain moar when I get home and got HH Vol IV open. But yes. This is a beast.
    Sorry, was referring to the Forge World pic in the OP.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

So was he. That top turret is a Stormhammer Cannon (60", S9, AP2, Primary Weapon, 7" blast, Shred, Pinning) with co-axial multi-laser.

It's far too short to be a Vanquisher Battle Cannon.

That statline makes me happy.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    That statline makes me happy.
    You should see the rest of the dakka. Seriously, this is pretty much designed to park amongst a Green Tide and blaze away to your heart's content!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Yep, it is positively bristling with guns.

If I'm not mistaken the Storm Hammer was supposed to be used for urban pacification / street fighting which is why it has so many side facing Heavy Bolters on it. However I find that idea hilarious, it must bull doze it's way through buildings, or Imperial streets are very, very wide.

Chapter-Master

it basically went:
    "Lord, I have made this new tank, I call it, the Baneblade. what do you think?"
    "hmmmmmmm"
    "you don't like it?"
    "no no, it is fine, great, really. it is just... I imagined it would have more guns..."
    "more guns?"
    "yes, I think so. definitely."
    "well, I suppose I can give it a go..."
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    it basically went:
    "Lord, I have made this new tank, I call it, the Baneblade. what do you think?"
    "hmmmmmmm"
    "you don't like it?"
    "no no, it is fine, great, really. it is just... I imagined it would have more guns..."
    "more guns?"
    "yes, I think so. definitely."
    "well, I suppose I can give it a go..."

Guess I'll have to update the graphic on the Superheavy [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?42068-Superheavy-Tank-ID-Chart-Naming-Tool"]naming matrix[/URL] =P
    Last edited by Dlatrex; 01-19-2015 at 08:55 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

It's been my favourite superheavy since I got into the hobby back when... well, it was a LONG time ago. I've begged and bothered Forgeworld for YEARS to have this made. I remain firm in the belief that they have made this just to shut me up.

And to drain me of every penny I earn....
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dlatrex View Post

Guess I'll have to update the graphic on the Superheavy [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?42068-Superheavy-Tank-ID-Chart-Naming-Tool"]naming matrix[/URL] =P
    that matrix just makes me want to invent more variants to fill the gaps. next project might have to be a doomlord. or a shadowhammer.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

One turret mounted Stormhammer Cannon
    One co-axial mounted multi-laser
    Six sponson mounted multi-lasers
    One hull mounted dual Battlecannon
    One hull mounted lascannon.

The multi-lasers can be upgraded to Heavy Flamers, Heavy Bolters or Lascannons. And as the Lascannons come at a 'per swap' cost, you can mix and match the dakka!

Can also have a pintle mounted Heavy Flamer or Multi-laser. And up to 4(!) Hunter Killer Missiles....

IT OWNS ALL THE PEWS!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast