BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: How to build IG army

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go all Death Korps because their awesome and who doesn't want to be awesome, Right?

30 63.83%
  • Mix of IG detachments, Krieg, Catachan, Cadian, Steel Legion, etc...

7 14.89%
  • Don't go with DKK or everyone pic ______ instead. (pls post choice and why)

4 8.51%
  • Go play Xenos...

6 12.77%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Death Korps or every Detachment of IG

Hey guys, So i'm looking ahead to my next army as i'm making progress with my RG. And i've decided on IG i think. So here i am thinking do i want to go all DKK or have units from every detachment of IG meaning: Cadian, Catachan, Voystran, DKK, etc, etc....The opportunity to paint a lot of different styles is appealing if i went with various units, however there is a certain lack of continuity in the army look on field, but then i guess that would be the appeal with that method....

As for the DKK i love those models and their fluff. So vote away and tell me what you think...thx mates!
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

DKK all the way, they are excellent models and if you are into detailed painting you can make them very different from each other.

One thing though, does your area allow you to use forgeworld rules or are you going to make them as C:IG as possible?

Dkok would be awesome to see. A lot of people that I've seen start them and have a couple units but never take it all the way. Go even further and make it a inf list. No mech vet cop outs! Make that wallet scream!
    letsagetabitarockin!

if money and time are in great supply go for dkk i'd love to have one but i'm short on money and patience

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    DKK all the way, they are excellent models and if you are into detailed painting you can make them very different from each other.

One thing though, does your area allow you to use forgeworld rules or are you going to make them as C:IG as possible?
    yeah in my friendly group. But then i can run them standard list too with little problem...

Quote Originally Posted by mrphatman View Post
    if money and time are in great supply go for dkk i'd love to have one but i'm short on money and patience
    i'm just short....
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-18-2010 at 05:51 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chaplain

Mordian!
    Anti-FSM, Pro-MSoB and proud

Death Korps for sure! The models are simply amazing! Totally wish I could have made a DkoK army for my guard army.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
    Mordian!
    and why would that be?

Death Korps of Krieg all the way! I'm currently working on a DKOK regiment. I'm starting with mechanized infantry platoons because of the cost of them. Eventually I want to be able to field a siege regiment, C:IG legal of course! DOOOO EEET!
    www.firstranksecondrank.blogspot.com - Tips on modeling and terrain to enhance your gaming experiences!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast