BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Legion of Everblight - Where to go with them?

Hi all.

I have a Legion of Everblight starter box however I am looking to expand my collection and I'm not really sure where to go with it. I'm new to the world of WM/H. Any ideas?

Cheers :-D

The Legion box starter box is excellent. It takes quite some time to learn all the rules, strategies and tricks in WM/H so my advice is to take units you like the look of, regardless of what convention tells you to take.

That said, if I was expanding the starter set I would probably pick Nyss Archer + Officer and Ammunition Porter. After that id invest in another caster and heavy warbeast.

There are some great resources on the web for WM/H. The Privateer Press forum itself as well as the Battlecollege website. Additionally there a number of good podcasts out there. Chain Attack is doing a series for new and intermediate players.

Cheers!
    Last edited by BeardMonk; 01-21-2015 at 03:07 AM.

Wait for the army box to come out and then get that.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Get a Sheppard or forsaken and the Heavy beat kit to make either a Ravagore/ Scynthean. Can't go wrong with those. Legion tends to be beast heavy.

As for infantry, the Striders and UA are good. Don't waste time with the archers. They're over priced for their points.

As RGgilbert said, wait for the army box, those boxes are a god deal and the armies have been competitive so far.

Regarding Legion army box, would a Sacral vault be a good addition to this set?

Librarian

I always think that Legion's best units are their larger warbeasts, so I would go with more of those, and solos that support them well.

A few I think are great:

Typhon
    Angelius
    Shepherd
    Abomination

If you take those and things from the starter, it is hard to find a Warlock that your force doesn't play well with or against.

Solid units can be things like Striders or Raptors, if you want some infantry support.

www.GardenNinja.com