BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Storm of Chaos was amateurish nonsense in comparison. Everyone fights and there's a big war and then nothing happens. Great story.
    Eh... not really "amateurish nonsense." It wasn't bad except for the ending really pushing it in spots, and End Times feels like it has no end of deus ex machinas of its own. The WFRP setting was based in the post-SoC world and it was pretty interesting. It was a good time for GW to actually move the story forward, instead of just blowing up the whole world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    True, Warhammer did once have color, jokes and historical references beyond the most bloody and the barbaric; which is to say, it did a lot of things that are alien to the modern fantasy paradigm. Which, you know, thank God, as modern fantasy is a joyless hellslog of a concept that earnestly produces characters with names like "Skarr Bloodwrath."
    That's my biggest problem with it. I could accept such a name, if they were still okay with some of the fun that was had with the Warhammer setting back when they had people who still knew joy and love in their hearts working on the game. But they decided it must be all serious, all the time... and then we get this kind of stuff. It's like the 40K universe's problem of running out of words to use, so it seems everything is Storm, Death, Raven, Blood, or Murder (like Murderface McMurderpants, who GW officially calls Murderfang, armed with Murderclaws, with a special rule called Murderlust).

Stop trying to act like it's a serious setting and we can have our fun again and you can sound like children without a thesaurus when naming stuff. But if you want to be taken super-serial, you need to not name things like this.

Who knows! Maybe a new setting will be more tonally consistent. (Hopefully!)

I find it hard to get too het up about special character names.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Fly Lord

End Times Archaon Formations
    Summaries by [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/MlDFg2S6Gl4/archaon-formations-leaked-information.html"]Gary[/URL]: 3-14-2015

image via Spikeybits Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed-41-472x354.jpg 
Views:	1458 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	13117 3-14-2015

The Blood Hunt
    Wrath of Khorne, bloodthirster Insenate Rage, and 1 unfettered fury, 3 units of bloodletters, 1 of bloodcrushers, and 2 of flesh hounds.

d3 units get vanguard deployment rules
    all have hatred and can re-roll failed charges.

Army of Blight
    Isabella, great unclean one, 3 units of plague bearers, 1 of plague drones, and 2 units of nurglings.

Enemy units have -1 leadership, their generals inspiring presence is reduced by 6″, and shooting attacks a -1 to hit.

The Host of Death
    Nagash, Arkhan-mortarch sacrament, Krell mortrach despair, 1 unit of Morghasts, Morghasts Archai, Grave Guard, and Black Knights.

Arkhan get a +3 bonus to casting results
    Grave Guard and Black Knight have WS5 and suffer two less wounds from unstable.

Host of Fire
    Caradryan, 2 units of Asuryan, 1 unit of white lions, Har Ganeth executioners, and eternal guard.

Asuryan must take flamespyre
    All models get devastating charge and flaming attacks
    Wake of Fire at +1 strength

Throng of Metal
    Balthasar Gelt, runelord, 2 units of thunderers, 1 unit of irongdrakes and ironbreakers, 2 cannons, 1 organ gun. 2 gyrocopters

+1 armour piercing and saves
    on a 5+ warmachines and units armed with ranged weapons can shoot again.

The Beast Waaagh!
    Grimgor Incarnate, 2 units of black orcs, orc boyz and Ogres, plus 1 unit of orc boar boyz, , ironguts, and leadbelchers, and 1 giant.

Orcboyz and Orc boar boyz must be upgraded to big uns
    No units in the formation take animosity tests
    All units benefit from waaagh and can re-roll one or more dice for charge range.

The Host of Shadow
    Malekith, 1 unit of black guard, phoenix guard, wildwood riders, darkshards, black arc crusaders, high elf spearmen and a War Hydra.

No units have to take dangerous terrain tests and shooting attacks against Malekith or units within 12 are at -1 to hit
    Increases Steed of Shadow to 36, and can do so multiple times.

Host of Life
    Alarielle, Durthu, nasetra and arahan-must be mounted, 1 treeman ancient, 1 handmaiden, 1 sisters of avelorn, 2 glade guard, 1 deepwood scouts, 1 wild riders, and 3 units of dryads.

All units have regeneration, Durthu and treeman ancient get hatred against any enemy unit within 12 of Arielle.

Host of Light
    Tyrion, Imrik, 2 high elf princes, 2 knight orders, 1 reiksguard, 1 demigryph knights, 2 lothern skycutters, 2 silver helms, and 1 unit of cold knights.

Gain +d3 result in close combat if they charged this round.
    Hatred towards daemons and undead
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Not really into the model, but whats interesting is that it is the first plastic character to come on not 1 but 2 sprues, and with 20 pieces.

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Skarr-Bloodwrath[/url]
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 03-13-2015 at 01:13 PM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I quite like him. He's very Khorne.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

wasn't sure about the initial blurry images, but I actually quite like it on reflection, will have to get one.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I wonder if we'll start to see more 2-sprue characters, perhaps they'll start adding more options into them too?
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Really like the helmed head option.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

But those chains on axes are just awful...

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Also crazy idea....rather than rage quit cos the setting is going to change and instead go play a different game entirely with a different setting, maybe wait and see what 9th actually contains? People have been calling for fluff advancement for years amd when GW does it in a dramatic exciting way everyone rage quits?

Its just occured to me end times and 9th ed prep is probably why Warhammer Forge has stopped production of new stuff
    Uh....they have been asking for fluff advancement, not fluff ending. GW destroying the warhammer world kind ends the game as we know it. Ends the game we all grew to love or grew up loving. No matter what GW does with 9th edition, it won be the same warhammer we knew. It'll be a different game due to it being a different setting with even different rules. We have been asking for a change in the fluff and a bit of change in the games, NOT a different game. If I wanted to play a fantasy game that was different then warhammer, then I would go play an actual different game.

No mater what GW does, it won't be the same game we all enjoyed. And yeah, of course we could still play warhammer 8th edition but it won be supported anymore, which means, it'll get harder and harder to play the game on a regular pace. Models and terrain will eventually fall apart or get lost and have hard time to replace. It'll be harder to add more to your army, unless you use Nonwarhammer models in which case, it slowly stops being warhammer game. Same thing has happened to Necromunda, Mordheim and even now Blood Bowl.

One person on this fourm was having the same argument about playing old games. That he "busts out" such and such game to play, even though it hasn't been supported in 20 years. But he only plays that game once in awhile. Not as much as we play warhammer fantasy (or will used to).
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast