BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

They're all pretty insane, I love Isabella for my army.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Starscream's, obviously.
    WHFB 9th ed., first leaked image:

Edit:...I've actually drafted out rules for Transformers tabletop. The idea really appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadmeran View Post
    Alas, I hope that they are not going the whole FB and 40K are in the same universe -and the Gods stretch through both- route again (Heavily armored bolter toting men from future was rumored to be in bubble hammer, so hurrah?).
    Well, if the Eye of Terror being in a map of the Realm of Chaos wasn't enough, we also have Draigo showing up in Khaine, and the Skaven accidentally calling the Eldar in Thanquol before freaking out and shooting the communications device. So... yeah, they pretty much nailed them back together pretty heavily.

The scariest thought could be that they just opt to say "Okay, Warhammer Fantasy Battles is done as a game, but we'll keep these cool models available as an option to buy for all you collectors out there who like the End Times models. The Skaven and Lizardmen, being not represented in 40K yet, will join the 40K universe as new armies, with new models to represent their new roles among the cosmos as the only survivors of the Warhammer world. Enjoy!"

I'd love to say that's not a possibility, and it's just a joke, but... well... It feels like it could happen. Then they wouldn't have to worry about trying to re-imagine generic fantasy races entirely and could focus on just one core rule set.

Pretty sure after 20+ years this is the end of WFB for me. I have no faith that GW can come up with anything even remotely interesting to replace it. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted I guess. I think I will have to go check out that Oldhammer thing I've heard about and maybe give it and and/or Kings of War a try.

You can always just still play Warhammer, you know. Whatever the new edition or game is that comes out, you can still play with what you have. The Warhammer world had thousands of years of history in which you can still set meaningful battles and campaigns with friends. Hell. You can play sixth edition Warhammer if you like. They're not gonna call the cops on you for doing so.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

Also crazy idea....rather than rage quit cos the setting is going to change and instead go play a different game entirely with a different setting, maybe wait and see what 9th actually contains? People have been calling for fluff advancement for years amd when GW does it in a dramatic exciting way everyone rage quits?

Its just occured to me end times and 9th ed prep is probably why Warhammer Forge has stopped production of new stuff
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

That's a good thought. The concept sketch on Nagash in White Dwarf was dated Jan 2013. When did Warhammer Forge stop? About the same time...?
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Veteran-Sergeant

Just noticed, but no heart of avelorn on tyrion. Guess that explains the resurrection, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    You can always just still play Warhammer, you know. Whatever the new edition or game is that comes out, you can still play with what you have. The Warhammer world had thousands of years of history in which you can still set meaningful battles and campaigns with friends. Hell. You can play sixth edition Warhammer if you like. They're not gonna call the cops on you for doing so.
    Don't be silly.

GW's Final Solution was agreed years ago.

Everyone knows GW prints using flammable ink, and every cover has a small detonator hidden in it, preventing anyone using old books.

I expect the rules to remain, setting to change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Also crazy idea....rather than rage quit cos the setting is going to change and instead go play a different game entirely with a different setting, maybe wait and see what 9th actually contains? People have been calling for fluff advancement for years amd when GW does it in a dramatic exciting way everyone rage quits?

Its just occured to me end times and 9th ed prep is probably why Warhammer Forge has stopped production of new stuff
    Also, I speculated that yonks ago..

I shall be in the corner of grumbles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post

Also, I speculated that yonks ago..

I shall be in the corner of grumbles
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm actually quite interested to see what is going to happen next. This is not the end of Warhammer, they aren't going to piss away the hundreds of thousands or more of pounds they have invested in it in the last few years. The end page says itself it's a beginning. I expect there will be a new Warhammer world similar to the old one but with no established story to get in the way of things so they can start a new narrative from the beginning. I really hope they use that opportunity to make it more diverse and interesting too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast