BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Nice new video up on GW about the forthcoming book, great music and narrative:

Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I r excite!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Meh, my interest in WFB is dwindling again, they have missed every opportunity to do something interesting with End Times we just end up with same old with fewer characters and less variety of geography.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Meh, my interest in WFB is dwindling again, they have missed every opportunity to do something interesting with End Times we just end up with same old with fewer characters and less variety of geography.
    By "same old" are you just referring to the lack of female characters? Because aside from a serious surprise retcon in summer, I don't see how it's not quite different, and will become more so, to the degree that we'll all likely need new armies over time. We really need to see what 9th edition looks like to know how it all shakes out.

What opportunities to do interesting stuff do you think they missed? Other than more female characters, of course. (Not knocking that, just saying that's a given for you, and while I'd like to see more, I don't think the lack of them being added means that the whole thing is an utter failure.)

The main proof of this will be what comes after: having cleared out a bunch of old characters, they have an opportunity to start replacing the old with the new. Hopefully some of those will be women. (If they've got any sense, there will be).

Isabella von Carstein's getting new rules in this book, FWIW.

There's some lovely art in that teaser. Very exciting. I actually can't wait - I want to know what happens!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Sauce for Isabella info?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'd like to see Isabella rules. I'd probably use her in our "End Times bash," but people want me to bring Nagash, who's going to take up 2/3 of my Lords allowance. And unless she's cheap, I can't summon her like I can Mannfred.

It's clear to me that the next edition of warhammer is going to be very different to the game we are currently playing. GW want warhammer to be more accessible . They want kids to be able to tramp into their local GW store with their birthday money and get enough bits and bobs to be able to take home, build, paint and play straight away...not spend months building a single unit, get bored and go play 40k instead. I am sure we will see a smaller game system. I am sure we will see round bases and I am sure we will see a different army composition system. It will be a shame because us old timers like the grand scale and complexity of warhammer. But if it's not financially viable, and their isn't the popularity amongst the kids, then it is inevitable.

One of those leaked pictures shows Balthasar Gelt's page. But the book is open in such a way you can see snapshots of other character illustrations to the left as the book hangs open. The most prominent - you can see all sorts of telling details, especially the hairdo and what's either a shoulder or, ahem, something else - can't be anyone other than Isabella. Surely the page for Isabella the Accursed (as she's referred in the page listing the members of that army; in the same way as "Festus Empowered".

That whole section: Gelt after her, and the Chaos unit illustration you can see to her left, before here in the book, is the rules section. It's a rules page for Isabella the Accursed.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat my hat. If I'm not: observation is a skill, yo!

Go here, scroll down to Gelt, and you'll see what I mean. 13th image down from the top: [url]http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2015/02/huge-end-times-reveal.html[/url]

And unless she's cheap, I can't summon her like I can Mannfred.
    Well, also if she's Chaos Isabella and not a part of the Undead Legions.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 02-23-2015 at 01:34 PM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

I'll allow it!

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast